Sign in to follow this  
Bear ( The Irish )

Quick sniping question

I was wondering if someone might have a table i could reference for the AS50 so that i could range my target properly (haven't been able to find a range finder :P)

and no I'm not a PK'er

the reason I ask is because I saw a guy with a makarov harassing someone atop the fire house in elektra and when I sighted in to kill him to "hopefully" help a fellow survivor i missed and both DC'ed so in the end it doesn't matter but id like to be more ... help next time

-Thanks in advance

you can always try sniping in SP to get a feel for varying ranges. there's a couple of good firing range missions that would help you, too

You just have to estimate - but the golden rule is that the target is always closer than you think. If you're in the middle of a city, like your story, it is rare to have to take a shot farther than 400m. Usually its 200-300m.

If you have a map and the time, estimate distance using the grid squares on the map. If it's diagonal remember pythagoras theorem. That's the easiest way.

Use the mil-dots in the scope of the AS50 to estimate distance. Make sure the scope is zoomed all the way in (+ on numpad). If the target--standing up--is as tall as one dot (between one dot to another) the target is approximately 1400m away. This means that if it's as tall as two dots the target is approximately 700m away. Four dots 350m away. You can obviously write down a cheatsheet for more accurate distances, but these three work as a good example for the AS50. The M24 and DMR are different.