Sign in to follow this  
smoq2

Reloading the mosin between shots

Not a new player, but I never got round to asking... So here goes!

After firing a round your character begins to automatically load the next round having your reticule skyrocket into the air when using a LRS. Now I've read somewhere on the forum, that you can somehow prevent this automatic reloading and actually see where your shot landed.

Is this true? If so, how do you do that?

Feel free to correct me, but what actually prevents you to see where your shot hit is the recoil of the rifle.  The player doesn't reload automatically; it's the rifle that chambers another bullet after each shot, up to 5.

Feel free to correct me, but what actually prevents you to see where your shot hit is the recoil of the rifle.  The player doesn't reload automatically; it's the rifle that chambers another bullet after each shot, up to 5.

You seem to be right as I did a small test - loaded just one bullet into the mosin and the huge recoil was still there.

I also did another test. I don't know if you noticed, but the reticule behaves differently after the last update. It's sways more fluid now. If you fire when prone the recoil is only around 30% of what it is when crouching/standing.

Continue to hold down the fire button after the shot is made will stop the animation and reduces recoil view jump.

Continue to hold down the fire button after the shot is made will stop the animation and reduces recoil view jump.

Works best with an M4.  :lol: