TheMachine

If you die in DayZ, you deserved it

Enough, here is the solution...

If you get shot then its not your fault for losing, it is the other guys fault for winning!

Chew on that!

7467c78954470032f3ea7e25252bc89019062ff4

now you can all go home...

The people crying about being PK'd in DayZ, are the same carebears that cry about it in other games like WoW and EvE. If you got caught with your pants down, it's your fault. Just like if somebody comes into a house I am looting, and gets shot in the face, it's their fault for coming into the house. Some of you speak for the "right to be left alone" the only way you deserve that right, is if you fight for it. If you die to anything other than bugs (and even that's debateable, aka "do I really need to go up that ladder?"). I have only died once, to another player, and it was a hacker, and still my fault. I saw him flying around the ATC on the NWAF (which I put myself there, knowing I might meet other people), and I did not immediately leave.

You carebears, are the same people IRL, who refuse to be responsible for your own protection, relying on the police, or not having a weapon to protect yourself. Then some asshole decides you are his next target, and you can't or won't fight back. You don't deserve to live, because you are unwilling to fight for your right to exist. Sure that guy is an asshole, and deserves prison time, but you still need to be responsible, you can't say "that guy isn't allowed to do that, WTF?"

... Now I am beginning to rant.

TLDR:

Take responsibility for your own safety, instead of blaming others for your lack of awareness in a situation. Both ingame, and IRL.

Edited by Vodski
  • Like 1

What is with the hostility, everyone?

It's not about someone being so fucking ninja that they never get hit or about blaming people killed in genocides that is was their own fault. No. Jesus christ.

Throwing tantrum when someone kills you in Dayz is same as throwing tantrum when someone eats your piece in a game of chess.

Don't do that shit. It's childlish. It's a game. You made a mistake.

It's a sandbox game yes, but it still has rules. Rules that dictate what you can and can't do within the game.

There sure are more of these rules than in chess but they are there none the less and it's your objective to survive, within these rules.

Everyone knows what can and can't be be done in this game.

Everyone can equally assess all the risks and options there is.

Everyone are on equal footing within the game.

Anyone claiming otherwise is full of shit.

Anyone doing any shit that that the game provides mechanics for is just playing the game as one sees fit. No need to rage about it is there?

On a bit more abstract note:

You think just because you EXIST you have some sort of magical right to be left alone, unharmed and be on your merry way? Like in some human rights declaration?

That shit doesn't even apply for a huge percent of earth's population IN REAL LIFE, let alone in some videogame about full on zombie apocalypse in a poor eastern block country on Russian border!

People can't handle it when someone tells them they're shit.

They're used to games that give them special treatement:

Do a trival thing - experience points + achievement.

Make a mistake - start from last checkpoint/load game.

Game is too hard? Choose easy difficulty, where absolutely nothing will go wrong no matter how bad you fuck up.

DayZ is different and they can't grasp it. 

Get better or get out situation, which leads to:

"But getting better takes effort and I don't want to put any effort, I just want to have fun without using my brain like in other games"

• Like 2

As someone who never bandits, who has hardly ever fired a shot in anger, I agree with the spirit, though admittedly not the letter of OP's comment.

Most people die most of the time because they become armed and want, in whatever way, to have some form of exciting (read: risky) interaction. I know I do. I subconsciously put myself in risky scenarios so I can justify getting into a fight with bandits, or at the very least because I know I have a weapon and don't need to be so cautious.

All this talk of survival of the fittest BS is, however, laughable. Genuinely, actually laughable. If by 'fittest' you guys mean 'most trigger-happy pimply nocturnal early-teenage nerd' then I'll grant you, I am mostly killed by the fittest. I mostly get killed by guys who, IRL, can't sprint more than 20 yards and who, if I were to give them my beans, wouldn't even be able to open the can (not that you'd know that to look at them, but their mums keep them well fed and watered).

So, no, I don't object to being shot on sight, but I do object to any notion of the superiority of my killers. If I used their strategy I'd get a whole load more kills, but it would make me a weaker, not a stronger player.

Edited by kander

KOSers cant KOS unless they see you first.

If your seen its your fault.

Haha imagine if that were the case in real life. "Sorry old chap, you did, y'know, have a bit of your elbow poking out. The police? What are they going to do? I don't make the rules" 

Nah, people play by whatever morality they want to have fun. Sadly, or otherwise. If this is your base morality stripped of any lasting repercussions or obligations to your fellow man then what's worrying is you are not even alone. There are a lot of genuinely scary people who play DayZ.