pigglet

wait what?

so i had created a character and died with it (no big deal) and so i respawned into the world and went on with my business, after about an hour of running around i had a ton of food, water and ammo for guns i didn't have, alongside of that i had a firefighters axe and a shotgun. so i decided to do some PVP in elektro, because i had some shit and was bored. i joined a heavily populated server but then something strange happened, a few days ago i had a character that died as well and when i created a new one and ran around with it for a while i decided to call it a day, the next time i logged on the character was gone and i had to start all over (no big deal i didnt have that much shit on that character) but when i logged into the other server for some PVP in elektro, the game said "please wait" for over 10 minutes so i went and loaded into another server. and that is when shit started happening, my awesome character with his shotty was gone and was instead replaced by the character that was "lost" a few days ago.

this is some utter bullshit, i know it's in alpha and blablabla but shouldn't this issue have already been adressed?

anyway im just pissed about this and decided to share my experience with all of you.

did anyone else have this same issue?

so i had created a character and died with it (no big deal) and so i respawned into the world and went on with my business, after about an hour of running around i had a ton of food, water and ammo for guns i didn't have, alongside of that i had a firefighters axe and a shotgun. so i decided to do some PVP in elektro, because i had some shit and was bored. i joined a heavily populated server but then something strange happened, a few days ago i had a character that died as well and when i created a new one and ran around with it for a while i decided to call it a day, the next time i logged on the character was gone and i had to start all over (no big deal i didnt have that much shit on that character) but when i logged into the other server for some PVP in elektro, the game said "please wait" for over 10 minutes so i went and loaded into another server. and that is when shit started happening, my awesome character with his shotty was gone and was instead replaced by the character that was "lost" a few days ago.

this is some utter bullshit, i know it's in alpha and blablabla but shouldn't this issue have already been adressed?

anyway im just pissed about this and decided to share my experience with all of you.

I love your pokemon card xD

my original name was nigglet, but people hated my name when i first made a thread and so now i am pigglet, though they have taken my name away they will never take my profile pic away. 

Edited by Max Planck
I just did. Quit with the racist stuff, okay?

i once had the same thing,tho i thing it's not THAT big of a deal,least for me.also who goes in electro to pvp? is elecktro even alive?

Go back to the server you geared your shotty guy on and you'll have him back. The one with your old guy just isn't connected to the hive properly.

my original name was nigglet, but people hated my name when i first made a thread and so now i am pigglet, though they have taken my name away they will never take my profile pic away. 

Gotta love self-fulfilling prophecies.......I cant thank you enough for my biggest LOL moment today...... I'm beginning to wonder if maybe these Forums are the best part of DayZ  

Edited by Mystic Bagel

Maybe you joined a hardcore server instead of a regular one?

So, when you switched servers was it from a Regular server to a Hardcore server or vice versa?

Well, deciding to "do" pvp is not a very survival mentality :P you won't last a week that way.

Especially with just a shotgun and a fire axe.  I think 2nd Lieutenants in Vietnam had a longer life expectancy. 

Edited by Barnabus

I once got my 2 months old character back with almost full "end-game gear". But it got shot 2 weeks ago :)

This has happened to me before and from what I have read it is not uncommon for a character to get reset completely or to a previous version after a patch update like the one we got a few days ago. Don't get attached to any gear for it may not be there next time you log in.

There seems to be some servers on their own private hive, or at least not syncing with the central hive properly. Therefore, you can have multiple characters across servers. 

i know it wasn't the best gear but i just came back from a long break from dayz, and wanted to have some fun, when i last left i thought elektro, cherno and balotta were the areas to kill people, has that changed?

Edited by pigglet

it is annoying though

Edited by pigglet

wow that IS strange... please tell me more...

and now i logged on onto another server, and my char is back :).