Sign in to follow this  
Z0mbi3z

Spawned in a very strange place...

Okay so i got killed at the really bad NEW North East airfield by some asshole sniper, So i got mad and decided to play Hardcore, I did this for 2 days until me and a buddy were killed at the Vybor military base. Then after a day break from DayZ i decided to play some more Regular, So i log on and i spawn with no clothes on (Obviously the undershirt and boxer shorts) down the road from Vybor and i am Fully green energized and hydrated also Healthy. Now, Unless I somehow did this in my sleep this wasn't my doing...I'm not complaining i mean i am down the road from NWAF so i got geared quick but why did this happen? Confused me and my friend very much.

When you died last you actually didn't that's the possible reason.

You die - you then re-spawn and your body gets looted by your killer. Server doesn't register you died and re-spawned - so the next time you log on the server spawns your previous dead char as near as it can to where you died but of course all your gear was taken by the other person.

Edited by JohnDMarshall

When you died last you actually didn't that's the possible reason.

You die - you then re-spawn and your body gets looted by your killer. Server doesn't register you died and re-spawned - so the next time you log on the server spawns your previous dead char as near as it can to where you died but of course all your gear was taken by the other person.

Although your perception could have some validity to it in OTHER circumstances, Like the OP, I had the EXACT same thing happen to me yesterday. The major difference being it happened within seconds and not days.

I was on the north eastern edges of Berezino where I was sniped....arm broken, bleeding, and "I was Dead"

I did a respawn and when I spawned in, I was in my underwear....Energized, Hydrated and Healthy in Vybor - the opposite side of map from Berezino not even CLOSE to where I initially died. Not only THAT, but I respawned before the guy who killed me could have gotten to my body as he was on an apartment rooftop quite a distance away.

It's DEFINITELY a glitch of some sort. 

A BEAUTIFUL and WONDROUS glitch that places me within spitting distance of the NW Airstrip!!!

A big warm hug for the Naked Spawn Gods of BI! 

Edited by Mystic Bagel
  • Like 1

Its a known bug and has already been reported to the DEVS.

I gliutched through the ground and fell down the rocks at south side of Novo ( fully geared ). I spawned literally 50 meters away in my undies, hydrated and energized, and got all my gear back.

It was like a "Whoops, sorry for that bug" re-spawn.

Bug? What Bug....Nope.....nothing to see here Mr. Dev.....I think I remember seeing a wall glitch bug 3 topics down and to your left though.....maybe try there?

What mystic said, no but really had this happen today to me except I wasn't dead and hadn't died, I simply switched servers cause I found out a friend of mine has a decent server. Lost some mediocre gear but was spawned "naked" near some pretty nifty gear. So technically I won. I assumed it was something to do with the server but it would seem it's not

Edited by Lithium1056