Sign in to follow this  
rickyonsteam

DayZ is a cruel cruel world... this is why i went bandit

This is my experience on Day Z so far. Looks like its really every man for themself in this game. Let me know if you guys can relate . . . :(

Based on a true story

• Like 4

All the more reason for people to try stand out and not do shit like that so that the mentality might die down and banditry be a rare and scary occurrence not all there is to experience pretty much.

That guy attacking you with the fire extinguisher was hilarious you were feeding him and everything but nope, too lazy to find his own gear...

• Like 1

All the more reason for people to try stand out and not do shit like that so that the mentality might die down and banditry be a rare and scary occurrence not all there is to experience pretty much.

That guy attacking you with the fire extinguisher was hilarious you were feeding him and everything but nope, too lazy to find his own gear...

That's becouse that was newspawn in newspawn location. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he killed geared guy he would have free fast gear. If he die, he will respawn ~300 meters away 1 minute later.

That's becouse that was newspawn in newspawn location. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he killed geared guy he would have free fast gear. If he die, he will respawn ~300 meters away 1 minute later.

It's still lazy and sad though how do people not enjoy the adventure of gearing up.

I love being absolutely starving and being able to eat 4 cans of food I've collected, it feels epic to come back from the brink.

• Like 1

You are a survivor my friend. A bandit would try to rob, as opposed to kill.  ;)

You are a survivor my friend. A bandit would try to rob, as opposed to kill.  ;)

The OP?

Lol, I think you're confusing surviving with murdering for no reason.

Who would use humans for target practice in a world where the human population is dwindling and gunshots would attract hordes of zombies?

No survivor I can think of, survivors are intelligent.

and gunshots would attract hordes of zombies?

Hue.

Maybe someday

My rule no. 1: never go bandit, no matter what happend.

Never left that path in the mod or SA.

not a bandit

Random kos person,

real bandits are far more intresting and fun.

yea that guy was a real dick... but he thought me a lesson, I tired helpin another dude and he tired to pull the same stunt, but I didnt fall for that same trick twice :)

not a bandit

Random kos person,

real bandits are far more intresting and fun.

Most bandits kill on  site and then take ur semi runied stuff.... the interesting kind hold you up loot u and let u live. I only ran into that type once :/

The OP?

Lol, I think you're confusing surviving with murdering for no reason.

Who would use humans for target practice in a world where the human population is dwindling and gunshots would attract hordes of zombies?

No survivor I can think of, survivors are intelligent.

The same world where it's every man for themselves. Every survivor is only as intelligent as the last. & I wouldn't call it "target practice". Other survivors are just as dangerous as a zombie horde. He's killing to defend himself. & in this video he only shot first when there were multiple armed threats, & even so, that was after him being betrayed on multiple occasions. He learned from his experiences in order to survive. He murders for a purpose. He may not like it, but it's for a reason. Everything happens for a reason.

The same world where it's every man for themselves. Every survivor is only as intelligent as the last. & I wouldn't call it "target practice". Other survivors are just as dangerous as a zombie horde. He's killing to defend himself. & in this video he only shot first when there were multiple armed threats, & even so, that was after him being betrayed on multiple occasions. He learned from his experiences in order to survive. He murders for a purpose. He may not like it, but it's for a reason. Everything happens for a reason.

No he murders in self defence there's a difference between that and shooting someone on the off chance that they might find you later and kill you.

In fact given the nature of this game they're probably going to spawn back and come find you...

So it's not really smart in the game and even more stupid in real life, the smart decision would be to hold them up and see who they are, maybe that guy you're about to shoot is a doctor who could be very helpful to you.

Shooting everyone on sight would be absolutely retarded you would just die alone whereas the smart people would band together and survive in a community.

• Like 1