Sign in to follow this  
ColonelBurton

Suggestion: zombies don't attack when spawning in

Yesterday my server restarted a little earlier than expected... and I was standing in the middle of some rails in Svetlo.

I joined today to find myself being bashed from multiple directions by zombies. Needless to say, I wasn't able to defend myself and some gear got ruined. 

Since sometimes the logging in process seems to take longer than other times, I find it is necessary to make the player invisible towards zombies only until loading has fully taken place and / or the player has made his first move (meaning people who spam "z" when entering a server are at a distinct disadvantage.

You are not always able to log out safely in a barn since sometimes the game crashes or servers reset without notice.

• Like 9

I honestly cannot believe this hasn't been suggested before.  Its one of the most frustrating things about the game next to the 99 second spawn timer.

I honestly cannot believe this hasn't been suggested before.  Its one of the most frustrating things about the game next to the 99 second spawn timer.

The idea of the 99 seconds spawn timer is to make server-hopping less comfortable. I think it's fine, I don't switch servers that often.

The idea of the 99 seconds spawn timer is to make server-hopping less comfortable. I think it's fine, I don't switch servers that often.

But thats the thing, I DON'T server hop. There are only two servers I play on.  I get stuck in an ENDLESS loop that will not go away unless I close the game and wait for like 20 minutes.  

My game will crash, I will attempt to log into the same server, 99 second timer.  I wait for the time to be up, only to be stuck at a "Please Wait..."  When I leave, and try to rejoin the same server a few minutes later, the same shit happens.

• Like 2

But thats the thing, I DON'T server hop. There are only two servers I play on.  I get stuck in an ENDLESS loop that will not go away unless I close the game and wait for like 20 minutes.  

My game will crash, I will attempt to log into the same server, 99 second timer.  I wait for the time to be up, only to be stuck at a "Please Wait..."  When I leave, and try to rejoin the same server a few minutes later, the same shit happens.

Same thing happens to me regularly....server restarts...then u get 99 second timer....then please wait...join new server...timer...please wait...

Now I just stop playing for like 10-15 mins and read the forums until  I think enough time has passed...

Same thing happens to me regularly....server restarts...then u get 99 second timer....then please wait...join new server...timer...please wait...

Now I just stop playing for like 10-15 mins and read the forums until  I think enough time has passed...

Sorry, didn't know there was such an issue and  also thought that after a server reset you don't get the timer. You shouldn't get it anyway. I didn't use to. But they have changed something again with 0.46, because in 0.45 I had 30 second timers

EDIT:

then u get 99 second timer....then please wait...

How long have you waited in the please wait screen?

I ask because sometimes, this screen takes up to three or four minutes with me for the game to start. I have decided to just go online in the meantime through steam webbrowser.

Edited by ColonelBurton

Sorry, didn't know there was such an issue and  also thought that after a server reset you don't get the timer. You shouldn't get it anyway. I didn't use to. But they have changed something again with 0.46, because in 0.45 I had 30 second timers

EDIT:

How long have you waited in the please wait screen?

I ask because sometimes, this screen takes up to three or four minutes with me for the game to start. I have decided to just go online in the meantime through steam webbrowser.

I get the 99 second timer no matter what after leaving a server even if i have been on it for like 4 hours... in fact responding to u cause they just reset the one i was on...was working my way from Svelto to Vybor...

I will not wait on the please wait screen more than 1-2 mins cause ur character is spawned and unprotected during that time which means death.

I will not wait on the please wait screen more than 1-2 mins cause ur character is spawned and unprotected during that time which means death.

Are you 100% sure about that?? Because yes, that is scary.

Are you 100% sure about that?? Because yes, that is scary.

Server reset again....time to reply

Try hitting escape sometime on the please wait screen and do not exit...it will show what your character sees

• Like 1

Server reset again....time to reply

Try hitting escape sometime on the please wait screen and do not exit...it will show what your character sees

Just got kicked from my server because obviously the admins want to be alone in raiding their airfield. Wanted to respawn immediately in another server (they password secured theirs) and got the 99 second timer. A 99 second timer right in the middle of a cammo building because some admins want to find an AKM. They really need to fix this!!!

Just got kicked from my server because obviously the admins want to be alone in raiding their airfield. Wanted to respawn immediately in another server (they password secured theirs) and got the 99 second timer. A 99 second timer right in the middle of a cammo building because some admins owant to find an AKM. They really need to fix this!!!

I find an empty server and login to run to safety in those situations

i too but  the most time i´m dead by zombis then ............  the half loot is ruint and i heavy bleeding...........        and run to a sav place is no solution  when restart or crash ;)  somtime the zombis stand 1km outside you stand 2 km outside a city and the come to you very fast.   then i need all time to run more then 3 km outside a town ????  when i go from the server to work or other ????    and what make you later when we have have random spawn zombis  in woods and fields  and random spawn hostile animals ?!!

I think the absolute simplest solution would be to have the 99 second timer if they decide to keep it, do whatever they need to in the please wait screen, but NOT SPAWN YOUR CHARACTER.  When everything is ready to go, a "Play" button appears, and that is when you 'black in' to your character, wherever you left off.

There is absolutely no reason for your newly spawned body to be in the world before you are, leaving you helpless to any immediate threats.  Seriously ridiculous nothing has been done about this, it could be fixed so easily.

• Like 2

Yes, well that's what I thought. But you really need a 0-player server. Because DayZ has some sort of "Murphy's Law Algorithm" going on.

I just joined a server with only one player. No respawn timer, but it took a while. Then I saw when I spawned in through the walls somebody was looting the top floor I was on........ No way of logging out anymore I was already loading the game.. Man I can't tell you how damn upset I was. Luckily the guy took his sweet time looking at the loot behind the stairs and I was able to grab my SKS in time.

The rest is actually more on topic in the KoS thread. WHen the guy cam in, I told him to "STAY COOL MY FRIEND!". He only had a pickaxe but started dodging from one bunk-bed to the other without replying, indicating he was planning on giving me the jump. When he came at me (I was between the two parallel beds against the wall) - I blasted him.

So what do we take from this? In a map that is roughly 12 x 13 km large, you aren't safe logging in to a server with one other player in it.

EDIT: Just remembered that I once died along with a mate and we both went our separate ways in the pitch dark gearing up the basics (since we spawned at different places and both had no idea where we were). As I was slowly getting my bearings, a guy ran across my road and I yelled at him for help and that I needed a can opener. Turned out it was my buddy. This game is crazy!!

Edited by ColonelBurton

the please wait screen gets stuck forever sometimes after the 99 seconds..never goes away..if i press ESC i can see the world, but have to quit again..Its annoying,, Also I dont think Zombies should be able to hit your character before said character has loaded...i think it is ridiculous taking away control from the player for 30 seconds so you log in you can be already dead..