Sign in to follow this  
TiggyPooh

Interacting with and moving Objects

Being able to interact with objects.

Example would be to look at a chair and select 'sit', or look at a bed and select 'sleep'.

Both above examples could help regain health quicker.

Being able to move objects, such as chairs and other household objects so you can block off entrances (making it more difficult for someone to enter).

The object would appear in your hands in a double handed animation that you then can move around and place somewhere else.

This could also come in handy when we later create camps and bases, being able to arrange objects and furniture.

• Like 4

Yes this is a great idea I guess it will be a development of barricading. Just for debate would you allow someone to pick up and carry a chair from a house? or would you 'lock' furniture to location it is spawned in? It would be cool if some items could be combined or had options much like sticks do, so for example if i carry a chair near the door it could come up with

'Wedge chair against door handle' - creating a quick but weak entry blockade,

'Break down and use wood with nails' -creating a plank barricade, stronger but noisier

'Place chair down'

or throw it with T

• Like 4

I was thinking you could just pick up a chair as an example and carry it anywhere on the map.

It could also be a wooden pallet, or an oil drum and yes being able to wedge it against a door, or pile objects against a door.

I am not saying you should be able to move everything, just specific objects you would expect to be able to move in real life. 

Another example would be a car wheel you can carry in your hands, or a tool box, medical bag in one hand.

• Like 1

reminds me of car wheels, i hope we can't just put them in our bags like the mod, a car wheel is too big and heavy for a rucksack. i think they need to create a carry animation.

reminds me of car wheels, i hope we can't just put them in our bags like the mod, a car wheel is too big and heavy for a rucksack. i think they need to create a carry animation.

And a trailer for cars.

When it's set up so you can have a base that stays after server restarts imagine how cool it would be if you and some buddies could take a fridge and tables etc and kart them back.

Maybe they could add pristine, worn, damaged and badly damaged furniture so your goal could be to create a nice clean base B)

That would be awesome.

• Like 1

So basicly,dragable and interactable items and objects.

I love the idea,concerning mysel i hate the fact that the sofas,beds,chairs and tables are not interactable and moveable.

Maybe for larger items (such as beds,fridges,kitchen stoves etc) more than 2 people are required in order to drag and place them in the world.

Also theese larger items deplete your stamina when moved/draged around,if stamina deplets,player is forced to drop the item to the ground.

Also theese larger items deplete your stamina when moved/draged around,if stamina deplets,player is forced to drop the item to the ground.

But also you can lay on sofa's and bed to restore stamina.

Imagine how funny it would be coming across people sleeping in a double bed in the middle of a road I so hope they make that possible.

But also you can lay on sofa's and bed to restore stamina.

Imagine how funny it would be coming across people sleeping in a double bed in the middle of a road I so hope they make that possible.

Haha yeah i see your point. :D

Imagine seeing videos on youtube

about massive groups of people,dragging sofas from Cherno to Elektro :P

It would be hilarious!

• Like 1

I want to use a chair and pitchfork combo to kill zeds.  Chair to hold them out of melee range, pitchfork to skewer the brain from range.

I want to use a chair and pitchfork combo to kill zeds.  Chair to hold them out of melee range, pitchfork to skewer the brain from range.

You my friend can be a Zombie Tamer and have your own circus act!  :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:  :thumbsup:

You my friend can be a Zombie Tamer and have your own circus act!  :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:  :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I was going to spray paint on my jacket "Rigor Mortis:  The Zombie Tamer"

• Like 1