Sign in to follow this  
Glatorius

DAYZ SA Suggestions

I have a few suggestions for future implementation which i think would cater to end game.

1). With the base building coming soon, i think items such as a storage box/rooms/containers should be made craftable, and the loot stored inside these not to be wiped on server reset (if that's even possible). These containers cannot be moved as they are to heavy, but can be looted by anyone be it bandits or own base members. Imagine bases who store valuable items, be it food, guns, Armour etc in these containers with trusty members, be able to raid them or sneaky members steal the goods, endless possibilities. 

What i see happening may be strong guilds/bases sending out loot parties to search for good loot for these containers, maxing out good items in these storage containers, the benefits of such a system could be huge. Imagine other bandits who would want to raid these bases, banding together, forming raiding parties, (kind of like raids in other mmos) to take down these bases, kind of like eve battles which could have huge rewards. The base members would need around the clock protection, raidos to communicate with other base members outside looting to come back to help, the scenarios are endless and exiting and would open up a lot of possibilities. Bases could even open a kind of a trading base, where if you want to trade for items they have, you need to walk up to the base with your hands up, they will take any weapons off you, you go in and search there containers for items you want or trade, loads of scenarios could be possible. They may even sell items online, as is what usually happens, which could even happen now theoretically, which would make raiding these bases even more great as items would most likely be of great value. Endless possibilities for your base and scenarios could happen.

2) More areas to explore like a London underground sort of system linking some major cities together, parts of the underground would obviously have no light, so torches/lanterns/fire sticks are a must, and would be quite scary to venture into these areas, zombies in small corridors with just a torch would be quite chilling, as well as the possibility to get lost down there would be exiting.

3) Maybe introduce deeper lakes and seas, with full diving gear and dart gun for fishing underwater, maybe have some loot spawns under water etc or caves to venture into.

4) I know the story says that the survivors are immune or something to the virus but this idea i had, if you got scratched or bit by a zombie without no vaccine within a certain time limit, be it 10-30 minutes whatever you would turn into a zombie yourself, so all your action bars are back to default. Now in zombie mode you would need food only to survive, so you have to hunt survivors, you get a slight speed increase and more speed in the evening, but can only use hand to to attack.

What i think this will bring to the table is more fear of zombies as it will take at least 24 hours without food (animals, wild life and other players)  to die in zombie form, you will be stuck in zombie form and cant respawn until you die, so your actions as a human would be much more weary over zombies, you will also be more loot caution for vaccines, which could play to my first suggestion, valuable items. Imagine being bit you have lets say 10-30 minutes to find the cure, running to the nearest base you know nearby and trying to offer whatever you have for vaccine. You may even have players banding together in zombie form to take down bases. In zombie form you cant attack or eat other zombies real or AI so in a way it also promotes working together, or just waiting to die. The death time timit has to kind of be big enough as to make players in human form more vigil when meeting zombies.

5) Vehicles, as planned but would add more variety to my number 1 suggestion, storing vehicles looking for fuel, bases would be more rewarding to loot and organized planed raids against them would be more valuable, it all plays hand in hand with teaming up with other players in end game instead of just plain old kill on sight mentality as it is now.

Have a few other ideas but these would be a great start i think?

Any opinions? 

Oh and, maybe the base building would require you to find "Plans" for certain things to build, so plans for storage containers could be rares spawns in shops, and plans for guard towers found in military bases etc etc, So plans could also in essence be valuable with different requirements and materials to build, so strong bases would be harder to infiltrate etc etc.

1. That's how it works in the mod. You can stash all the stuff you want but there's always a chance somebody will find and take it.

2. Map gets new locations in almost every patch.

3. Don't see it happening any time before the final release.

4. Wrong type of game.

5. Same as 1. Works in the mod just fine, so it should work in SA when they got implemented. I've already got memorized all the fuel tanks in safe, isolate places + a number of favourite locations to hide cars.

Oh and, maybe the base building would require you to find "Plans" for certain things to build, so plans for storage containers could be rares spawns in shops, and plans for guard towers found in military bases etc etc, So plans could also in essence be valuable with different requirements and materials to build, so strong bases would be harder to infiltrate etc etc.

Allow me to welcome you to the forums -- I have some suggestions for how to better format your post so you can get more responses:

1.  Use informative subject lines.  Make sure the subject of your post contains information regarding what suggestion you are trying to make... "DayZ SA Suggestions" is so general that it will not draw any attention.

2.  Stick to one topic per post.  It will make it easier for people to comment on how they feel about that suggestion.

3.  _Search_ before posting.  I know the search engine on this forum isn't that great, but try at least searching for a few keywords for your suggestion before you post.  Most of the stuff you mentioned here already has multiple threads on it -- maybe you could add to one of those or see why people do or don't like the idea already and you can improve upon your original idea.

4.  Format your post.  If you must make a long post, try to add some color and formatting to it.  Posting a giant block of gray text is guaranteed to generate a trail of tl;dr responses, if any at all.

-- I hope some of these are helpful to you - happy posting.

1. That's how it works in the mod. You can stash all the stuff you want but there's always a chance somebody will find and take it.

2. Map gets new locations in almost every patch.

3. Don't see it happening any time before the final release.

4. Wrong type of game.

5. Same as 1. Works in the mod just fine, so it should work in SA when they got implemented. I've already got memorized all the fuel tanks in safe, isolate places + a number of favourite locations to hide cars.

Cool, part 4 really would bring about exiting experiments though, and is not to far fetched as an idea if we going the full zombie realistic route. Introduction of vaccines would be valuable loot, maybe the zombie turning could be more of a death penalty, we all know death is permadeath, so bring another more realistic penalty to it as well even it its only an hour in zombie form, and more if you actually eat and want to stay in zombie form, therefore it makes you more scared of zombies (AI and real), unlike now, players seem to be much more of a threat, I just think it would add a lot of variety into an end game sort of way. Games like eve and entropia universe have obviously much more depth and i can see DAYZ doing so in the future, this i think would be something to consider down the road, i mean come on its a realistic zombie game, what else could be more realistic. You would aslo choose your battles more wisely if you do not have vaccines maybe you wouldnt go into a heavily zombie infested area etc etc. All plays well into the realism effect.

About 1 + 5, do the boxes and cars despawn on server reset or after certain time limit and things like that? if so how often, that can really take the fun out of the whole thing to be honest. Any plans for it not to if thats the case? 

Allow me to welcome you to the forums -- I have some suggestions for how to better format your post so you can get more responses:

1.  Use informative subject lines.  Make sure the subject of your post contains information regarding what suggestion you are trying to make... "DayZ SA Suggestions" is so general that it will not draw any attention.

2.  Stick to one topic per post.  It will make it easier for people to comment on how they feel about that suggestion.

3.  _Search_ before posting.  I know the search engine on this forum isn't that great, but try at least searching for a few keywords for your suggestion before you post.  Most of the stuff you mentioned here already has multiple threads on it -- maybe you could add to one of those or see why people do or don't like the idea already and you can improve upon your original idea.

4.  Format your post.  If you must make a long post, try to add some color and formatting to it.  Posting a giant block of gray text is guaranteed to generate a trail of tl;dr responses, if any at all.

-- I hope some of these are helpful to you - happy posting.

Thanks for your suggestion, was very late over here in Thailand, didnt really think about it :P. By the way if you know if there is a way i can connect to UK servers, because i only seem to pick up singapore, thai and HK servers and not many at all and all maxed at cap 40 is this normal? are there any official servers or am i missing something as its just alpha?

By the way, I love the idea of underground areas. Here's a couple threads on that topic (found by searching for 'underground').

Natural caves and underground bunkers.

Another cave suggestion thread.

Yes caves are good, but was thinking more a London underground sort of system or something like demolition man, where people lived underground, dark lengths of rail track and sewers are the perfect scary place to go venture into if you brave enough and if the devs can somehow fix the brightness gamma trick people use to brighten up the nights, maybe make it somehow impossible underground without some sort of light source, then the immersion will really start.

About 1 + 5, do the boxes and cars despawn on server reset or after certain time limit and things like that? if so how often, that can really take the fun out of the whole thing to be honest. Any plans for it not to if thats the case? 

Sorry for the late reply, but you know - weekend and stuff.

From what I've seen on different servers it depends on server preferences. Server adims are able to set it up.

Typical options were:

Tents - don't despawn on server restart. If a tent is empty or not used for ~2 weeks it despawns. If you interact with it the timer is reset.

Popular setting was - after death you have x days to interact with your tents (usually shorter timer here) or they will despawn.

It worked quite fine. You didn't have to log in every day to keep your tents, but bugged tents that can't be open, and tents that are no longer used would despawn regularly.

Similar situation with cars. They'd despawn if nobody would use them for a certain time (1-2 weeks usually), after that they would spawn on next server reset on one of their spawn points.

I've got absolutelly no clue how it will work in SA, but since the previous system worked fine I really hope they will re-introduce it. On the other hand I've seen enough great mechanics that worked in the mod changed for worse, to not be a bit afraid.

Sorry for the late reply, but you know - weekend and stuff.

From what I've seen on different servers it depends on server preferences. Server adims are able to set it up.

Typical options were:

Tents - don't despawn on server restart. If a tent is empty or not used for ~2 weeks it despawns. If you interact with it the timer is reset.

Popular setting was - after death you have x days to interact with your tents (usually shorter timer here) or they will despawn.

It worked quite fine. You didn't have to log in every day to keep your tents, but bugged tents that can't be open, and tents that are no longer used would despawn regularly.

Similar situation with cars. They'd despawn if nobody would use them for a certain time (1-2 weeks usually), after that they would spawn on next server reset on one of their spawn points.

I've got absolutelly no clue how it will work in SA, but since the previous system worked fine I really hope they will re-introduce it. On the other hand I've seen enough great mechanics that worked in the mod changed for worse, to not be a bit afraid.

Cool, sounds good, they should keep it that way in SA.

they really should make random spawn points all over the map to get rid of the east side pvp zones... im a legit player like to wander and explore, i miss the feeling that when you find random players on the west side wich never happends anymore not as it use to in vanilla dayz :(