BobAU

Vehicle repair success stories...

Wanted to know if anyone has gotten a vehicle running and any stories you have about getting it done or how much easier it makes surviving...

also, if you got a boat fixed that would be interesting as well...

and one question: what materials are needed to repair a UAZ? does it depend on what's broken? I found one that looked like it just needed tires last night.

Found a bus yesterday with 4 of my buddies.

Someone was driving it and got shot, when the shooter went to collect his prize I shot him. Then when one of my buddies went to loot it, someone shot at him but he got away. Announced his shootings on blue chat. Shortly afterwards he got killed and we all decided to make our way to the bus.

Drove from Cherno to Stary, everyone but me got killed. Drove on to the coast and picked up my 3 buddies and went back to stary and found a UAZ, it worked with fuel but was in need of repair but drove it anyway.

This was the first time I encounted vehicles and to moderate success! Eventually I gotshot and my friend crashed the UAZ and killed everyone at the airstrip.

Good times.

Wheres a good place to find a vehicle/parts for it?

I've found car tires, tool boxes, chopper rotors, gas cans, etc...never during the same session... the gas station just west of cherno has spawned the toolbox for me, and found tires at Balota Dock house.

The chopper rotors were random, found 2 at the construction site in cherno.

So my group had a chopper and we were in a Teamspeak together. I was just running from one spot to another not doing anything worth talking about. What I hear over ts made my day though. Most of the people in the chopper had desync a lot of the time so they were used to seeing the chopper doing crazy things like hitting the ground then they would sync and be fine. They all start to laugh and say wow were are doing barrel rolls and stuff haha. Then silence for a second. Then I hear WTF what happened we really crashed! From 7 people in the chopper you hear whinning/ uncontrollable sadness. The last person... the pilot is silent for about a minute until ts calms down enough for him to explain...

Long story short he pulled out his map while flying.

He will never fly again... ever.

Reaper

vehicles are in a pretty good working status right now. 90% sure choppers can get a bug where the fueltank can not be repaired. I've never had a huge problem since the introduction of the save feature, except that sometimes your player might not be saved if a server crash/restart happens really close to a save. Also, sometimes players seem to get saved even while traveling in vehicles, so upon logging back in after a crash, sometimes various people are scattered along the road, and no one is exactly at the vehicle.

People in my group rebuilt a car with a damaged engine, they plugged around slowly for a while till they 'tapped' a fence as they put it and the car exploded.

Is it feasible for one person to repair a car? I'm not asking for a soloable helicopter repair, but I think one person should be able to repair a car. And are there ATV's in DayZ or just cars, UAZ, and choppers?

Furthermore, what is required to repair a car? Is it different for each car/spawn? For example, could Car A require four wheels and Car B require two wheels and an engine? Or is it always a complete repair?

Every car I came across that players haven't worked on yet, required Gas and four tires. I got a crappy boat working though. Problem is the boat is slower than a player running and there's nothing really to go to on the boat, the outlaying islands are full of nothing or zombies.

Found a bus yesterday with 4 of my buddies.

Someone was driving it and got shot' date=' when the shooter went to collect his prize I shot him. Then when one of my buddies went to loot it, someone shot at him but he got away. Announced his shootings on blue chat. Shortly afterwards he got killed and we all decided to make our way to the bus.

Drove from Cherno to Stary, everyone but me got killed. Drove on to the coast and picked up my 3 buddies and went back to stary and found a UAZ, it worked with fuel but was in need of repair but drove it anyway.

This was the first time I encounted vehicles and to moderate success! Eventually I gotshot and my friend crashed the UAZ and killed everyone at the airstrip.

Good times.

[/quote']

Damned bastard, that was my UAZ!

Hehe, I've actually only got my hands on a UAZ after our group shot the driver that where stopping at the shops outside Zelenegorsk.

I generally do not rely on vehicles, they rarely do not work to well in the woods. :P

Never seen a bus though.

A single person can easily repair a vehicle by themselves, as long as you have a good pack. its even easier if you check the car before finding the parts. Some parts can be dark orange, which means you can drive without fixing them. Once you have the car moving, getting more/extra parts is sooo easy.

We found a bus, it ran with a broken fuel tank and engine but we filled it up with petrol. We held it for two days, fixing the fuel tank, but in the end a horde of zombies "slapped" it to death.

It survived two bandit ambushes too, popping all the tires. In the end it only goes about 10mph but god we loved it.

Is there specific spawnpoints for vehicles or is it random?

I would love to cruise the landscape on a bike. :D