Katana67

Deer Stands - What Do You Want To Spawn There?

this is a sick idea would be really cool i am just concerned maybe a bit immersion breaking, unless a generator was used for the camera, its  alot of electronics

Doesn't require a generator in real life. Just batteries.

Only thing that I could foresee that might be immersion-breaking is if it sent you an image in-game whenever a player crawled past it. Which, I feel, is necessary for it being fully useful. How useful is a picture of a bandit AFTER he/she's looted your shit?

However, this type of immediacy could be substituted/supplemented with something like the persistent Walkie Talkies picking up nearby noises (as was stated very early on last year).

Are there items that should only spawn at deer stands? Or that are more common at deerstands than other locations?

For example, I think deer stands uncommonly containing 5.56 ammo would add a lot to gameplay. Since heli crashes are currently the only place to find 5.56 rounds and that new CZ-5.56 rifle is on the way, it would make sense for 5.56 ammo to spawn in other places as well.

This would keep 5.56 ammo rare and still feed the CZ527.

I think rope and burlap sacks should be more common at deerstands as well so that forest dwellers can make a pack of sorts. No need for top end hunters packs.

Machetes and matches are also logical. Maybe tents could spawn rarely as well

ammo....with deer spawning below. I've always wanted to harvest an entire herd.

It would make more sense for deer to spawn occasionally at the feeding stands, though I doubt they'd continue coming if these are not replenished regularly.

wildfutterstelle21zw.JPG

Are there items that should only spawn at deer stands? Or that are more common at deerstands than other locations?

For example, I think deer stands uncommonly containing 5.56 ammo would add a lot to gameplay. Since heli crashes are currently the only place to find 5.56 rounds and that new CZ-5.56 rifle is on the way, it would make sense for 5.56 ammo to spawn in other places as well.

This would keep 5.56 ammo rare and still feed the CZ527.

I think rope and burlap sacks should be more common at deerstands as well so that forest dwellers can make a pack of sorts. No need for top end hunters packs.

Machetes and matches are also logical. Maybe tents could spawn rarely as well

Perhaps there could be some items which only spawn at deer stands, like really dedicated "hunting" items (i.e. tree stands, deployable hides, game cameras, shooting sticks, etc.)

But the majority of things that I'd like to see would be things that spawn elsewhere, like just generic "hunting" items and a rare chance for a mid-range military weapon spawn.

The CZ 527 is being chambered in 7.62x39 now, so I doubt that'll be an issue. It's a common rifle that now has a common ammunition. Although, if they plan on implementing a "varmint" variant chambered in 5.56x45 like Torchia has spoken about, then it could be a problem again. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The thing I liked most about the deer stands in the mod, was that they were just mini Stary Sobors. They spawned sort of mid-tier gear every now and then, so if you're lucky enough (or more importantly, persistent enough in checking 10-20 deer stands) you might find something really worth your time. Vice just going to a location (like NWAF) that's highly likely to have some good gear in a relatively centralized location.

It just varies the methods of gearing, and thus encourages a different journey every time. I can remember using deer stands in the mod for all kinds of purposes and in all kinds of ways. It depended on where I spawned, but I'd usually have two or three deer stands that I'd visit regularly and then the rest would all be improvised. And occasionally, when I was desperate for food/drink, I'd use them as last-ditch places to find food/water.

Compass, knife, watch, clothing, (hunting clothing, etc), crossbows, bows, the odd hunting backpack, hunting/civilian rifles and ammo, food.. basically, survival supplies.. As that's what hunters would be traveling with.

• Like 1

The CZ 527 is being chambered in 7.62x39 now, so I doubt that'll be an issue. It's a common rifle that now has a common ammunition. Although, if they plan on implementing a "varmint" variant chambered in 5.56x45 like Torchia has spoken about, then it could be a problem again. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Oh wow they actually revised that poor decision. Bravo. Is this new news as of today, or do you just have the inside scoop?

Oh wow they actually revised that poor decision. Bravo. Is this new news as of today, or do you just have the inside scoop?

No, Torchia tweeted about it a few days ago.

I doubt hunters would leave their weapons up in the deerstands, hunting supplies, like Knives, rounds for hunting weapons, maybe scopes and other utility items like rope etc should spawn in them

they should spawn hunter type things as people have already said... boots, jackets, gloves, knives, rope, matches, splitting axe.. things a hunter would use.

any kind of rifle or gun should be a super rare spawn.. who's to say some dude didn't shit himself seeing a couple Z's heading his way and take off running?

If a hunter's going to leave his regular gear behind, I fail to see why an IZH-43, Mosin, Blaze 95, Sporter 22, or even an SKS/upcoming CR527 shouldn't spawn there.

Not saying they should be common, but they should have a reasonable chance to spawn there. I mean, if you get caught up there and have to get down, you might not have enough time to sling your rifle and you just jump and make a run for it.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I'd prefer if Deer spawned around the tree stands.

and maybe a PBR or two

For fun i used to design makeshift military fortifications for my architecture projects when i was supposed to be designing nonsense like fancy houses and shopping malls. The image is a picture of an bus shelter that is meant to be an outdoor space that provides shelter, i think alot of places in CHernarus could be redesigned with similar concepts. Fire station i am looking at you.

Hell i want a swimming pool in the NWAF and a submarine base on Skalitsy island

Sub Base?  Wow, I REALLY LIKE THAT!  Excellent idea, I hope you are submitting designs to Bohemia...

panzerschreck.jpg

THIS IS A PANZERSCHRECK, IT SCHRECKS PANZERS!!!11!

no reason other then i want to carry one of these around and aim at zombie/players feet and watch them fly thru the air after teh explosion as i yell "TROLOLOLOLOL" in direct