Sign in to follow this  
asdzx9@gmail.com

Gun Swerves and Body Motion

Ide like to post a suggestion about canceling or heavly reducing the ridiculously high gun swerve that is currently in-game. It has no benefit what so ever and is just annoying as hell. As for someone who used a rifle in his real life I can say Its unrealistic aswell IMHO - your weapon never falls behind your line of sight unless youre wielding an HMG.

It feels like my character is drunk or high on morphine rather than an adrenaline filled survivor.

I know BI keeps trying to simulate real motions of the body in their games but they keep failing at it because in the end were just using a mouse and keboard and we really dont have the feel of the weapon in the hand. Hence I think the twitch system is the best.

i dont really get it, you're complaining about the sway that's in place?

cause i think there should be even more sway.

If you ever fired a rifle with adrenaline pumping through you, you would know.

IMO being able to spin 180° instantly while maintaining perfect hip fire accuracy is not any more authentic than the weapon spin delay.

• Like 1

IMO being able to spin 180° instantly while maintaining perfect hip fire accuracy is not any more authentic than the weapon spin delay.

Accuracy and and gun swerves are two different things. Firing from the hip will be inaccurate regardless of you spining and turning. What Im suggesting is tightening up the delay. It now feels like your weapon is floating around the screen and not you having real control over it. Take a broom stick at you home and hold it firm to your waist and turn 180 deg'. Was there any delay? 

Accuracy and and gun swerves are two different things. Firing from the hip will be inaccurate regardless of you spining and turning. What Im suggesting is tightening up the delay. It now feels like your weapon is floating around the screen and not you having real control over it. Take a broom stick at you home and hold it firm to your waist and turn 180 deg'. Was there any delay? 

Loaded rifle =/= broom stick.