Slyguy65

DCing from snipers, snipers complaining.

Its funny

Why? Well cause the sniper is hiding....waiting with the SOLE INTENT to kill another PERSON.

The victim (most of the time) is just surviving when they are shot. Them DC'ing is just them playing their play style (surviving not hunting).

What makes it comedy gold though is that the snipers are the ones complaining the most...not the ones being shot, mainly they complain about how they don't get the kill =/ (how bout you not suck at sniping and get them in the head then)

Have i DC'd from a sniper before, yep. What when you have helicopter crash gear and you get shot at by some guy who just wants to kill you for the fuck of it and you have FRIENDS who can save you. Why not.

It is a nice balance because most of the sniper people are lone wolves who have no friends....sooo ya if i have friends why not use them by having them save me....im just doing what the game wants me to do and FIND ways to COOPERATE through my own means?

LONG STORY SHORT

Why is it OK for bandits to whine about things survivors do but when survivors whine about wanting to punish bandits its taboo.

P.S Im not against PVP hell i kill people too but i don't camp at a high traffic area just to kill for the fuck of it either .... real pvp is not allowing them time to disconnect. If they can disconnect you failed...not them.

P.S Im not against PVP hell i kill people too but i don't camp at a high traffic area just to kill for the fuck of it either .... real pvp is not allowing them time to disconnect. If they can disconnect you failed...not them.

I love this bit most. In reality, you are right.

Sounds like someone got killed by a sniper /boohoo

In all seriousness, I usually play with a group of 4 people and we have 2 guys running in the ground-level and 2 snipers on the high ground spotting and providing support. Makes the game so much more fun to play.

"See that sniper on the hill? He is gonna get that one shot kill"

If he can't get a one shot kill from a hill far away then he should be closer.

Ban the OP for admitting to exploiting this mod please.

05-27-2012, 10:10 PM

rocket DayZ Staff

Disconnecting to avoid death

I don't know why, but people are assuming that I think this is part of the game.

It's not. I posted in a thread that was talking about that, that META-GAMING is explicitly allowed. I.e. infiltrating teamspeak servers and groups etc...

Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

Players should be persistent even if they log off then, that would fix everything.

OP, you are admittedly the ALT-F4'ing scum that this community (and myself) hates.

How about being aware of your suroundings and avoid those snipers instead of using an exploit?

1 minute logout timer unless you are by a camp fire. That would fix everything. if you move the timer starts over again.

Yeah, as soon as there are no hackers or random DCs in the game. MMOs that use this type of timer are very reliable on keeping you from dying to what you are not supposed to, DayZ at this time does not.

OP admitting to exploiting. Hopefully he will get a global ban from the game :)

i love how everyone cries that someone is using an exploit. the man wants to keep his stuff so he will do wat is needed to to keep it.

Its a GAME quit CRYING

i love how everyone cries that someone is using an exploit. the man wants to keep his stuff so he will do wat is needed to to keep it.

Its a GAME quit CRYING

Shut up!

Quitting the game is NOT playing the game.

Just like flipping the table when you are losing at scrabble does not earn you a fucking triple word score.

If a man wants to keep his stuff, a man should not log in to the game.

Why cant people just be men? In all reaility its fun getting sniped at.

Me and my friends were on a roof, when a sniper opened up on us. Instead of D/Cing, we stayed and franticaly tried to spot the ass. I was able to, but then he nailed my friend in the leg, and put him below 1000 blood. So I went to give him some blood and prayed the sniper wouldnt hit me.

He hit me, I died. Then someone spawned behind the others and killed them :/

Still, in the end it was fun as hell.

Ya how about not running on the NW Airfield then complaining that you got sniped at and DC'ing? Ever thought of that as a solution? Don't run across big open fields..

In my many years playing this game series. I have found that those who seek to be 'sniperz', are normally the youngest, least skilled, least competent, least mature, least patient players in the entire community, and therefore those least suited to the role of being a sniper. Especially in a serious arma group that uses snipers.

I avoid both player sniping for no particular reason, as well as dc'ing. But the vast majority of players who specifically seek to become 'sniperz' in this mod, are generally far more cowardly than your average DC'er.

[T]he vast majority of players who specifically seek to become 'sniperz' in this mod' date=' are generally far more cowardly than your average DC'er.

[/quote']

I'd buy that.

The amount of children that have come to the game of late is frankly, depressing :(

I feel it would be a waste of time to try and explain to the OP why his attitude and playstyle is deeply flawed but I have a feeling it wouldnt make a difference to how he conducts himself in game.

I'll leave you with this OP, your wrong, for several reasons and on all counts. Hopefully in time you will come to realise this on your own.

The amount of children that have come to the game of late is frankly' date=' depressing :(

[/quote']

This started at the beginning of May, it certainly isn't new lol

The amount of children that have come to the game of late is frankly' date=' depressing :(

[/quote']

This started at the beginning of May, it certainly isn't new lol

Back in May it wasn't at the epic proportions its currently at. :(

Quitting the game is NOT playing the game.

Just like flipping the table when you are losing at scrabble does not earn you a fucking triple word score.

Perfect analogy, I lol'ed.

you alt f4, you stand u and look stupid for 60 secs. 20 second timer to logout safely if you havent taken damage within the last 10 mins. You are bound to current server for 30 mins if you've opened loot. Fixes a horde of problems and the fps crybabys go back to cod.