Sign in to follow this  
insumsnoy

Sniper rifles.

Now that there are more zombies and zombies roaming aroung in the middle of fields the Sniper rifle is just too dangerous to use. You cant even fire from too far because of the low view distance and fog settings on servers. Sniper rifles need their agro radius lowering by a lot, it seems pointless and too dangerous to have one at all now.

I do not think so. Scoped rifles are mostly weapons for hunting people. And for that purpose they are great. Having the extra pressure of a horde of zombies chasing you after a shot just adds to the challenge.

Extra pressure? Death is pretty much guarenteed from firing a single CZ550 shot. You cant get far enough away from zombies any more because there are so many of them even in fields far out from towns and the fog and view distance is always far too low on the servers to get far enough from zombie aggro to take a safe shot.

Extra pressure? Death is pretty much guarenteed from firing a single CZ550 shot. You cant get far enough away from zombies any more because there are so many of them even in fields far out from towns and the fog and view distance is always far too low on the servers to get far enough from zombie aggro to take a safe shot.

I was doing fine last night with my CZ. It was my first time playing a bandit and I had 10 murders and 6 bandit kills before I got too tired and logged off, and I'm not even that good of a shot. There was aggro, but that was what my M1911 was for.

The CZ is insanely loud, and the danger of it attracting the horde makes a sniper think twice about taking a risky shot which is a good thing. The last thing we need is to make it easier for bandits to snipe down everybody without repercussion, and this is one organic, emergent repercussion that makes sense.

I find that climbing up on cranes can give yo an extreme advantage against bandits and zombies, while your friends loot the areas withing your vision

The CZ is insanely loud' date=' and the danger of it attracting the horde makes a sniper think twice about taking a risky shot which is a good thing. The last thing we need is to make it easier for bandits to snipe down everybody without repercussion, and this is one organic, emergent repercussion that makes sense.

[/quote']

The CZ has the same report as an AK or M16.

The CZ has to be loud. It's the noob pk weapon and it's sound is the drawback (with regards to zombies). Similarly, use a pistol or carry a Winnie in your backpack to swap to in order to finish what you started.

The CZ is insanely loud' date=' and the danger of it attracting the horde makes a sniper think twice about taking a risky shot which is a good thing. The last thing we need is to make it easier for bandits to snipe down everybody without repercussion, and this is one organic, emergent repercussion that makes sense.

[/quote']

The CZ has the same report as an AK or M16.

Are you saying that the aggro generated is the same, or the sound is the same volume? If the former, I wouldn't know, if the latter, you are very mistaken. I can pick out the major difference betwen a CZ, M16 and AK. The AK is the most distinct, with minimal echo. The M16 has a hollow plastic sound and the reverb from the CZ is massive and deep after the initial crack. If you can't tell the difference you might want your hearing checked.