Sign in to follow this  
kakysas666

Has anyone noticed stamina introduced in DayZ?

People kept saying we could run with guns in your hands faster but that's not actually true. It is only for a minute or two. But if you breath heavily, you run as before (slowly so to speak). So I always have to stop and catch my breath first if I want to run through a field with a weapon in my hands.

Edited by MaxRain

yup you can still run at almost a cars speed for all day.

I do notice the heavy breathing though perhaps a Stamina system is coming ?

Heavy breathing has always been there....

• Like 5

I wish.

But real stamina system and not "oh I've got tired, I can run only 20km/h now"

Heavy breathing has always been there....

47d9c92134daba9635fd92e639edbbac.jpeg

• Like 2

I wish.

But real stamina system and not "oh I've got tired, I can run only 20km/h now"

I would be happy with realistic sprint speeds and a weight based max run speed.

Fully kitted akm + full inventory of ammo and food well now you run at 5 mph congrats.

Fresh spawn well here you can sprint at 12 mph that's about a marathoners pace btw.

• Like 1

I mean running with a gun, not sprinting without it. If you are tired you won't be able to run fast with a gun in your hands.

I mean running with a gun, not sprinting without it. If you are tired you won't be able to run fast with a gun in your hands.

Still you can run with gun in your hands all day long and fast, way too fast.

• Like 1

I haven't noticed this at all. I will check again, but you might have had something weird going on. I have found through a lot of specific testing that the biggest factor for your speed is your FPS and connection speed. I can run away from a city area very fast, but if I turn around to face that city and run, the FPS drops my speed considerably. It's a horrible system but knowing that makes it easier to work around.

• Like 1

you always run fastest with a knife in your hand!

I haven't noticed this at all. I will check again, but you might have had something weird going on. I have found through a lot of specific testing that the biggest factor for your speed is your FPS and connection speed. I can run away from a city area very fast, but if I turn around to face that city and run, the FPS drops my speed considerably. It's a horrible system but knowing that makes it easier to work around.

I have actually noticed this phenomena in DayZ mod.

In DayZ mod some people from my squad were running a little bit faster then others and those who were a little bit faster were those with better computers (better FPS).

So it's very possible this also is in DayZ Standalone.

• Like 1

In DayZ mod some people from my squad were running a little bit faster then others and those who were a little bit faster were those with better computers (better FPS).

Yeah, I did some controlled tests a couple months back on empty servers. I was testing the theory about running faster with hands up compared to hands down(no difference at all, 100% sure). But the minute I turned around and faced back at Svetlo, my FPS dropped, and my speed dropped by about 20-30% as well. I still gotta get back to Svet and see if the FPS has changed since the patch.

Ahhhh. I had this happen and couldn't figure out what was causing it. That really clears it up thanks.

It is not that I can't run with a gun in my hands for longer periods of time (haven't tested yet), but if I sprint without a gun and start breathing heavily and then equip the gun, take it in my hands and try to run, it is not as fast as before. It has absolutely nothing to do with FPS, it even doesn't make any sense.

I can sprint forever at max speed even when my character is tired so to speak, but it is not the same with a gun in hands. If character breaths heavily, I will run at same speed as before the patch. If character is fresh so to speak, I will run faster.

It is not that I can't run with a gun in my hands for longer periods of time (haven't tested yet), but if I sprint without a gun and start breathing heavily and then equip the gun, take it in my hands and try to run, it is not as fast as before. It has absolutely nothing to do with FPS, it even doesn't make any sense.

I can sprint forever at max speed even when my character is tired so to speak, but it is not the same with a gun in hands. If character breaths heavily, I will run at same speed as before the patch. If character is fresh so to speak, I will run faster.

Man, I am totally confused by what you are talking about. I hope it's just me that doesn't understand you. Here is what I know. Running with no weapon yields a 100% speed. Running with a weapon in hands reduces your speed, probably by about 33% or thereabouts. Being tired or not doesn't make a difference, at least it never did before this patch. If this isn't what you are talking about, then please clarify a bit further for me. thanks

Man, I am totally confused by what you are talking about. I hope it's just me that doesn't understand you. Here is what I know. Running with no weapon yields a 100% speed. Running with a weapon in hands reduces your speed, probably by about 33% or thereabouts. Being tired or not doesn't make a difference, at least it never did before this patch. If this isn't what you are talking about, then please clarify a bit further for me. thanks

That's what I am trying to tell. If I am tired, I can not run as fast with a weapon in my hands as when I am not tired and running with a weapon in my hands. It is weird that it only happens to me.

Yeps, I've noticed this too.

With a rifle in my hands for say the first minutes (not sure how long it really is) or so I am running insane fast then it slows down.