cpo1bishop

duffle bag

This just occurred to me as I was just logging in, so it's not really a well fleshed out idea.

A toteable duffle bag which could only be carried in your hands, and would spawn with you where ever you stashed it, and eventually at a certain point as it fills it should become immobile. You'd only be able to have one in your possession at any given time. So sorta like the backpack, the last one you use would remain persistent, simply potentially in a different location then where you spawn, where ever you left it.

And, of course everyone else would be able to see it, and loot from it.

Stupid?

ps:

I did find this post:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/171916-large-bags-interesting-idea/?hl=%2Bduffle+%2Bbag#entry1752181

however it didn't capture the details I desired and it sorta got sidetracked.

imo, a large duffle couldn't be shouldered, you'd need to carry it in your hands, this and it being lootable by others provides a little balance / risk vs reward.

• Like 1

duffel-as-pack.jpg

Why can you not haVe straps? What would be the point of the backpack if you literally couldn't use a gun. It'd be pointless.

• Like 2

This just occurred to me as I was just logging in, so it's not really a well fleshed out idea.

A toteable duffle bag which could only be carried in your hands, and would spawn with you where ever you stashed it, and eventually at a certain point as it fills it should become immobile. You'd only be able to have one in your possession at any given time. So sorta like the backpack, the last one you use would remain persistent, simply potentially in a different location then where you spawn, where ever you left it.

And, of course everyone else would be able to see it, and loot from it.

Stupid?

ps:

I did find this post:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/171916-large-bags-interesting-idea/?hl=%2Bduffle+%2Bbag#entry1752181

however it didn't capture the details I desired and it sorta got sidetracked.

imo, a large duffle couldn't be shouldered, you'd need to carry it in your hands, this and it being lootable by others provides a little balance / risk vs reward.

i like the idea it actually seems fun to have, like while in hands you would have to walk while carrying it and its perfect for "drug cartel" or "special package" role playing for those certain players. Although it is very possible to wear a duffle bag as a back pack as scene in the picture above my post and i have in fact done so when i was trying to join the army 2 years ago so i feel if you have no back pack this could be used as a medium sized back pack and later used as a portable storage when its a thing in the game. Love it though and give you Kudo's and beans.

• Like 1

i like the idea it actually seems fun to have, like while in hands you would have to walk while carrying it and its perfect for "drug cartel" or "special package" role playing for those certain players. Although it is very possible to wear a duffle bag as a back pack as scene in the picture above my post and i have in fact done so when i was trying to join the army 2 years ago so i feel if you have no back pack this could be used as a medium sized back pack and later used as a portable storage when its a thing in the game. Love it though and give you Kudo's and beans.

thanks! (more below about the shoulder straps)

Why can you not haVe straps? What would be the point of the backpack if you literally couldn't use a gun. It'd be pointless.

(this isn't entirely focused on you, I kind of use your point to expand on the idea)

Even though it's a bag, and a container, it's not a backpack. I'm not speaking about the actual object as it exists in real life, more the concept. Yes I realize most circumstance would allow for you to shoulder both straps irl. You could also do that with an additional rifle. So maybe, it could either occupy your hand slot, or shoulder carry slot. You'd have to take chance of carrying your rifle rather than it occupying the shoulder carry slot as the duffle would be there. Although I prefer it only being able to be carried by hand.

The intent I was trying to capture is more like duffle large enough it wouldn't be feasible to carry it like a backpack. The concept behind only being able to carry it in your hands is to provide balance, as it's an extra large storage container, and not meant to be used like a backpack, but more like a drop.

When you find one you'd have to decide if your current circumstance allow you to use it. Is the location it's in right now secure enough for you feel comfortable stashing items in it? If not, will you take the chance of picking it up, thus disarming yourself and occupying the hand slot, and moving it to a more secure location, if it's empty enough.

Some mechanics would have to be developed to handle possession to combat obvious exploits. For instance, some way to stop people from finding one that already belongs to someone, taking possession and then simply logging. Perhaps, you don't take possession for a fixed amount of time.

I could see this leading to some interesting scenarios.

Payer a takes possession, sorts through duffle, now has to wait x amount of time before it will remains persistent with their character. Either player a stays and guards it, or leaves it unprotected, or just loots it and leaves.

Player b returns to stash before x expires, now either has to fight player a, or retake possession and defend for x, or take possession and leave unguarded.

edited for continuity

Edited by CPO 1 Bishop

thanks! (more below about the shoulder straps)

(this isn't entirely focused on you, I kind of use your point to expand on the idea)

Even though it's a bag, and a container, it's not a backpack. I'm not speaking about the actual object as it exists in real life, more the concept. Yes I realize most circumstance would allow for you to shoulder both straps irl. You could also do that with an additional rifle. So maybe, it could either occupy your hand slot, or shoulder carry slot. You'd have to take chance of carrying your rifle rather than it occupying the shoulder carry slot as the duffle would be there. Although I prefer it only being able to be carried by hand.

The intent I was trying to capture is more like duffle large enough it wouldn't be feasible to carry it like a backpack. The concept behind only being able to carry it in your hands is to provide balance, as it's an extra large storage container, and not meant to be used like a backpack, but more like a drop.

When you find one you'd have to decide if your current circumstance allow you to use it. Is the location it's in right now secure enough for you feel comfortable stashing items in it? If not, will you take the chance of picking it up, thus disarming yourself and occupying the hand slot, and moving it to a more secure location, if it's empty enough.

Some mechanics would have to be developed to handle possession to combat obvious exploits. For instance, some way to stop people from finding one that already belongs to someone, taking possession and then simply logging. Perhaps, you don't take possession for a fixed amount of time.

I could see this leading to some interesting scenarios.

Payer a takes possession, sorts through duffle, now has to wait x amount of time before it will remains persistent with their character. Either player a stays and guards it, or leaves it unprotected, or just loots it and leaves.

Player b returns to stash before x expires, now either has to fight player a, or retake possession and defend for x, or take possession and leave unguarded.

edited for continuity

I would be fine with it if you could carry a pistol with it.  It would at least provide you some defense. But right now it would be pointless cause where would you hide it? Theres no bases. 

But right now it would be pointless cause where would you hide it? Theres no bases. 

Any spot on the map that makes sense to you to stash a stockpile of weapons ammo food and water.