FaLLacy

Waiting for server reponse (v1.5.7)

Yhea my server has the same problem , just waiting for server. . .

well i guess its not a database issue if the database went down and came back up and everyone is still getting the problem... hopefully they can fix the issue relatively soon >.>

finally got in for like 5 minutes... then the server crashed and right back to square one...

Well complaining, and going 'OMGZ ME TOO' clearly isn't going to solve the issue. The problem appears to be with the main server, and I am sure it'll be on soon. Stop panicking, the game isn't going anywhere soon.

Well i didn't make the topic so people could come and post "me too", but I didn't make it so flamers as yourself could come in and flame people. The door is that direction if you can't say anything nice. I made it so if some one does find a fix it could be easily spread.

Changelog:

Developer's Note:

* ITS MY BIRTHDAY. I AM 31.

C'mon, let them celebrate :)

Well complaining' date=' and going 'OMGZ ME TOO' clearly isn't going to solve the issue. The problem appears to be with the main server, and I am sure it'll be on soon. Stop panicking, the game isn't going anywhere soon.

[/quote']

And your post was just as constructive as the ones you were railing against.

In other news, happy birthday mr dev. Enjoy yourself, but there does seem to be something amiss with the master server (looking at things with WireShark, seems like there's a missing acknowledgement or something coming from a server which isn't the game server I'm connected to, so I'm assuming that's the master/persistence server).

Any chance you guys need/want another dev? Not played with Arma/2 before (bought it today just for this mod), but I'm a fluent C++ and UnrealScript (among many other languages) programmer, so whatever language Arma uses I should be able to pick up pretty easily.

tl;dr: Happy bday, resolve the issue at your leisure.

I've spent about 2 hours this morning trying to connect and play on any server. Speak of the devil! It just connected as I'm typing this... -.-

They must have done something maybe? Another person loaded and is in-game at the same time. Finally.

I'm all down for celebrating b-days. But releasing a patch on your b-day (when you know you'll be celebrating and not able to fix any problems) doesn't seem like the brightest idea. No offense rocket if you see this. Hope you enjoy your bday off ^_^ but for future instances like this, mind leaving somebody to man the guns while others are off playing around? Also still can't get in. I have no clue what is causing the issue :(

As this was happening to most people I know on Friday, Saturday and Sunday I don't think its the 1.5.7 patch that did it. I'll step all the way to assuming the now huge number of players effectively creates a D.O.S attack on the character server as it never responds and at hours when no one is around its easy enough to get in and play.

Ironically the main problem with DayZ is it's popularity. It's has become way too congested to be enjoyable. So it's back to regular ArmA for me untill a lot of people quit this Mod, or rocket gets it sorted out (which I doubt he will be able too given the insane growth rates)

None of this has occurred until after I updated to the newest DayZ files.

Clicked "Respawn" in the menu while playing on Chicago 4 today, now my game just hangs up at "waiting for server response", regardless of the server I try to join. The longest I have waited was approx. 20-25 minutes. And on a single occasion I was waiting for about ten minutes, and then I just spawned in the woods, unable to look around or move.

yea this is getting super annoying. 1.5.6 had no issues, 1.5.7 is unplayable. can't join any server. I get random errors now about cfgGlasses, have to use CO to make it work right. 1.5.6 I didn't.

redownloaded everything but your website sucks so bad it is impossible to know what is the newest or not.

Pack the shit into a single file already...get some new instructions that tell people exactly what they need when your version changes...

I loved this mod for the 2 days I got to play it.....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>{QUOTE}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

yea this is getting super annoying. 1.5.6 had no issues' date=' 1.5.7 is unplayable. can't join any server. I get random errors now about cfgGlasses, have to use CO to make it work right. 1.5.6 I didn't.

I loved this mod for the 2 days I got to play it.....[/b']

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You're welcome for the FREE mod these guys are working on and putting their FREE TIME in for ZERO profit.

*** IT'S FUCKING ALPHA ***

Pack the shit into a single file already...get some new instructions that tell people exactly what they need when your version changes...

*** HERE'S AN INSTALLER ***

redownloaded everything but your website sucks so bad it is impossible to know what is the newest or not.

And you want instructions?! Are you blind as well as stupid? Can you see over the massive mountain that is your own bullshit? Since I'm a nice fellow I will assist you' date=' Mr. Learning Impared/Blind Twat Man![/b']

Here's some instructions, here's some more and HOLY SHIT wouldn't you know it ANOTHER HELPFUL INSTRUCTION GUIDE! FUCK ME SIDEWAYS!

If you're still left in the dark in unadulterated stupidity, here you go:

xznVA.jpg

dhYpD.jpg

TpInQ.jpg

Yea there is like 3 forum posts about how to install the game... and in 3-4 different ways to install it. It is an alpha... but even in alpha... the game should be at least playable :P cardboard is on the right track, but like bacon said it didn't happen until 1.5.7 (for me specifically and apparently him as well)

Hola, calm down (some) people!

1) This an ALPHA!

2) This mod is free (thus the ORIGINAL game is not), meaning that a bunch of guys are working freely for us to enjoy something great.

So I really don't think they deserve any aggressive behaviour and I was really ashamed by some comments I read I must say, so just think twice about the situation here; you are NOT on your-last-80$-game forum here, even if you addn't arma II before and just paid for it recently.

This being said, it's true that the connection is really a problem now. 2 hours queuing to play 20 minutes and die (was ma fault thus ^^) is not sustainable on the long term. Why do you need a master server in the first place ? Characters data could be hold directly in players' computer no ?

I'm starting to think that the character server is just being overloaded or something, haha.

But it's just so odd that this didn't start to happen until I updated to v1.5.7.

Yea there is like 3 forum posts about how to install the game... and in 3-4 different ways to install it. It is an alpha... but even in alpha... the game should be at least playable :P cardboard is on the right track' date=' but like bacon said it didn't happen until 1.5.7 (for me specifically and apparently him as well)

[/quote']

Why do you think you're entitled to a working game? Why should they be doing any work for you? Sit the fuck down and appreciate the game.

Not to mention, Wiki has this to say about Alpha testing:

"Alpha software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss."

It's funny that the people that justify this haven't paid quite a sum yesterday to play this. If I could send that 25 euros to the guy that made this, I would. Now as many have stated here, before this version - everything worked fine, so I guess that people defending this played their amount of time, while I haven't played even a minute of this. I'm not even interested in ArmA at all, just this mod. This is my dream game, which I wished for for a VERY long time and it seems that "fate" has a sense of humor to time it just right for me. I'm not saying that the guy (or guys) who made this are *add your insult here*, actually the guy is awesome for doing this, but for CHrist's sake, couldn't you pick a different day for this problem? :-D