Sign in to follow this  
JuX

Campfirekit + Sticks + Matches = ignite fire + logs = prolong/bigger fire

Aspects of campfire is sort of poorly built at the moment. The need for firewood makes inventory management difficult for woodsman playstyle.

To improve it i recommend making campfire with sticks, just like you would in real life before adding such large firewood. This would allow

easier campfire building for survivalists and possibly make fires smaller and less detectable, but less heat radiation.

• Like 1

The need for firewood makes inventory management difficult

all you need are rags, matchbox and a hatchet, you don't have to carry sticks nor logs, as you can just search for them / chop them once you're in the wood?

all you need are rags, matchbox and a hatchet, you don't have to carry sticks nor logs, as you can just search for them / chop them once you're in the wood?

I am aware of this and that is exactly what i do, but by carrying splitting axe i am wasting 4 slots of inventory space that i could use for something better.

I do not equip myself to the teeth with item carriers. I would really like to stop using assault vests completely, but it's impossible to equip yourself with full survival kit without it

Perhaps could do it with moutaineer backpack, but wearing that thing is suicidal.

• Like 1

since the hunting patch came out, once i found matches, i have succeed on surviving with a blue taloon backpack, and no assault vest. really, it is not hard to do. plus, keep the axe equipped on your back, and that will save those 4 invent slots. i even have enough space to carry around a full fireplace kit with me. try living with as few items as you can and you will be surprised what you can do. just ask yourself, do i really need that item?

I agree there should be two tiers of fire with just using sticks + paper/bandage been the lower tier, maybe it goes out occasionally and can't be relit, then upper tier with the logs is relightable and longer lasting (much like the Forest)

since the hunting patch came out, once i found matches, i have succeed on surviving with a blue taloon backpack, and no assault vest. really, it is not hard to do. plus, keep the axe equipped on your back, and that will save those 4 invent slots. i even have enough space to carry around a full fireplace kit with me. try living with as few items as you can and you will be surprised what you can do. just ask yourself, do i really need that item?

Perhaps because you don't do fishing for reliable food source? You cannot have both axe and the fishing rod equipped at the sametime on your back.

I carry nothing but the essentials to survive in the wild with enough ammunition to combat and those combat equipment are in my assault vest.

I also wear 2 slot shirt, but that extra 2 slots wouldn't make much of a difference to get the axe in if i wanted to get rid of the assault vest.

I still say they need to add stick campfire, even thou once they add the upgrade for leather backpack ingame, will solve my issue (probably).

Perhaps because you don't do fishing for reliable food source? You cannot have both axe and the fishing rod equipped at the sametime on your back.

I carry nothing but the essentials to survive in the wild with enough ammunition to combat and those combat equipment are in my assault vest.

I also wear 2 slot shirt, but that extra 2 slots wouldn't make much of a difference to get the axe in if i wanted to get rid of the assault vest.

i dont carry around a fishing rod. when ever i want to fish (keep in mind that i no longer carry canned food which saves a lot of space)i  cut down an ash tree to get the stick, attach a rope, the fishing lure is usable over multiple rods, so really, all i need to find in between fishing sessions is a new piece of rope. (worms are easy to get whenever) but really, it is down to what you prefer...

i only have 40 B95 rounds and 60 revolver rounds at a time (i keep the revolver in a chest holster to save space) but i admit that i have cargo pants and make use of two protector cases

Edited by Helix2000

I am aware of this and that is exactly what i do, but by carrying splitting axe i am wasting 4 slots of inventory space that i could use for something better.

I do not equip myself to the teeth with item carriers. I would really like to stop using assault vests completely, but it's impossible to equip yourself with full survival kit without it

Perhaps could do it with moutaineer backpack, but wearing that thing is suicidal.

So what weapon have you swung over your shoulder then? .

i dont carry around a fishing rod. when ever i want to fish (keep in mind that i no longer carry canned food which saves a lot of space)i  cut down an ash tree to get the stick, attach a rope, the fishing lure is usable over multiple rods, so really, all i need to find in between fishing sessions is a new piece of rope. (worms are easy to get whenever) but really, it is down to what you prefer...

i only have 40 B95 rounds and 60 revolver rounds at a time (i keep the revolver in a chest holster to save space) but i admit that i have cargo pants and make use of two protector cases

Unless you are planning on server hopping around, finding a rope before starvation could be a possibility (if don't use canned food that is).

It wouldn't be such problem if we could deconstruct the bow and fishing rod to switch between the two roles and be able to craft arrows.

Since the arrows at the moment have tendency to ricochet off all surfaces and occasionally vanish.

So what weapon have you swung over your shoulder then? .

At the moment i am using AKM. Doesn't really matter what weapon you carry as primary, long as you don't go overkill with the magazines and ammunition.

Unless you are planning on server hopping around, finding a rope before starvation could be a possibility (if don't use canned food that is).

It wouldn't be such problem if we could deconstruct the bow and fishing rod to switch between the two roles and be able to craft arrows.

being able to deconstruct and reconstruct is a great idea. as for finding the rope, in most large towns, there are those residential buildings whit what looks like a roller door down over their window. i normally find rope (or multiple rope after searching through 2-3 of them..