7-75 callaghan

Batteries. For NVGS, Thermal + NVG optics, Flashlights etc.

Some want NVGs removed. Others think that thermal optics are overpowered. The battery suggestion has come up before, but i'd like to be more specific.

Rather than limiting what we have in the game, why not make ALL electronic equipment operate on batteries. Having a higher consumption depending on what it is. Rebalancing equipment so that it is still there, but must be used with realistic restraint.

They could be different or the same size, that is up for discussion. So that you could for example take the batteries out of your rangefinder, and put them in your NVGs when it runs out. The rangefinder would then function as a normal pair of binoculars.

Suggested battery consumption levels, in ascending order.

Rangefinder

GPS

Military Flashlight (more efficient design, therefore lower consumption)

Flashlight

NVG Optics

NVG Goggles

Thermal Optics

I would suggest making them all interchangeable. But I have a feeling some will argue, and with reason, that the batteries for optics should be separate, and only interchangeable between NVG and Thermal scopes.

The addition of batteries would also anticipate the introduction of Radios/'Walkie Talkies', the power grid with rechargers, crafting of new items and more.

Have I forgotten something?

Thoughts and feedback?

• Like 1

This seems like a good idea. Limits the amount of players running around with Goggles and "ICU" sights at one time. Also makes you prioritize usage. Definite +1.

No just no. Thats going to be very annoying.

Are we going to have to worry about getting hit by lightening soon?

'Annoying' is not a reason. Please express yourself clearly and in a well reasoned way. Dying is annoying, should that be removed from the mod?

Personally I agree with the OP. Make the batteries act like ammunition, with a large amount of ammo and make it 'fire' every second or two. At least, this is how I see it working within the current bounds of the ARMA engine. Perhaps make it so we can recharge batteries at generators that are powered by the fuel from jerry cans?

I've been hit by lightning while driving a bus before... It broke my poor bus :'(

I am 100% for batteries, and was going to suggest that myself.

Though NVG, GPS and thermals should use the most power. Regular flashlights in the middle. Military flashlights ( LEDs ) and range finders should be low. Consumer electronics are pretty efficient if you think about it.

But the question is, how do we balance batteries in terms of inventory management? Two D batteries to run your flashlight is not equal to one mag.