Sign in to follow this  
rudd

10 fps Alienware m17x

hi,

I have an m17x alienware and am getting 10 fps regardless of what settings I change.

I run the game on my asus laptop and it runs smoother... but hot as hell... would think the gaming laptop

would run a lot better, any one know how to fix this.

Thanks.

Rudd

hi,

I have an m17x alienware and am getting 10 fps regardless of what settings I change.

I run the game on my asus laptop and it runs smoother... but hot as hell... would think the gaming laptop

Thanks.

Rudd

Hi, it depends on what M17x you have (CPU of older versions might simply not be capable enough). Also you may try checking, if GPUs are switching properly.

Alienware is overpriced.

remember, just because it has that alienware look doesnt mean it runs well. I try to stick to modular.

its like 6-12 months old.. just weird how my standard laptop run it smoother(asus)... lol and it plays all other games fine.(alienware)

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
       System Model: M17xR3
               BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 1.0 A09
          Processor: Intel® Core i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8140MB RAM
          Page File: 8071MB used, 8206MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics Family
       Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
          Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family
           DAC type: Internal
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0126&SUBSYS_04BA1028&REV_09
     Display Memory: 4048 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1488 MB
      Shared Memory: 2559 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: unknown
         Monitor Id: LGD02DA
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.012Hz)
        Output Type: Internal
        Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32

hi,

Thanks.

Rudd

Does your laptop have the NVIDIA or AMD GPU?

I have the same laptop, except yours is the "newer" version of the R3, and mine was the original, and I can run the game at 50-60 FPS on mid-high settings.  Keep in mind the hardware in your laptop is about 3 years old, so dont expect to get much higher than that.

Alienware is overpriced.

remember, just because it has that alienware look doesnt mean it runs well. I try to stick to modular.

I have a 7 year old Alienware and the only upgrades I've put in it are a Gtx 650 ti graphics card and some newer motherboard I got off craigslist... The thing runs like a charm. It's the newer alienwares that suck, old ones are great. OP, your alienware needs to be upgraded, that's your only problem. Get a new graphics card, check your processer, motherboard, and ram. Check it with DayZ requirements on the internet.

Anyone ever figure this out. I have a new Alienware 17 with an I7 4700MQ 3.4ghz 8gb of ram and a GTX765M and I have most settings on low and I get about 30 frames in towns like starry I get more in the open but I would think I would be able to get these frames with settings on normal. Any help is appreciated.