Sign in to follow this  
domlee21

Blurry screen on main menu

After restoring my laptop to factory settings and reinstalling Dayz SA, I tried to play and i got corrupted data so I followed a guide which helped me. After using the guide I was able to start the game but once the Bohemia Interactive logo and the Dayz logo comes up they are blurry and hard to read. Once I get to main menu I can barley read the Early Game Access info, then I get into the Configure option everything is either impossible to read or barley readable. I tried reinstalling Dayz SA but everything is still barley legible. Any help would be appreciated. post-211420-0-14263600-1403472865_thumb.post-211420-0-96217800-1403472869_thumb.

Try go get into config -> video settings just to make shure it's not because your char is in bad health

If you can't read the config ingame, go to your My Documents folder -> DayZ and open the config file (not shure which one, it's not the one with "vars" in name) and check your resolution first.

For me, fresh installs always had a res below my native and that caused blur.

Also, try lowering PostProcessing quality - it creates blur when you look into the sun, like it is on your screenshot.

Crizztl;

Tried doing that, and it was still blurry as hell!

Any other suggestions?

You tried all three?

If so, I have no other ideas for now, sorry

ive just installed dayz on my new pc, and it decided the native resolution for my tv (32 inch HD, not a monitor) was 620x480, when changed to 1920x1080, it still looks really bad, and seems to hit random big fps drops in the main menu, then returns to normal