Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

Maybe do some fun things with the alpha :)

OK so what im thinking is that the devs could have some more fun with the alpha process. Might help to spice things up a bit until its more feature packed. Couple of my ideas would be..

1, Playing around big time with the loot/zombie ratio

As I understand it there is a global item cap on the server. Zombies, loot items, basically anything that spawns on server up counts towards the item cap (do correct me if im wrong on that lol). So they could do a "mini-patch" that reduces loot and increases zombie numbers for a week or so, then readjust it (maybe for crazy loot numbers) and so on.

Might be more of a beta thing but a bit of preliminary data never hurt anyone. Also it would just change up the landscape of the game a bit every now and then (like a bit more frequently than the patches).

2, Playing with time acceleration

Same as above really, speed it up, slow it down, keep it changing and record some feedback. Again maybe more of a beta thing, but could be done now to test the water and keep things fresh.

So would you guys be up for some big messing round with mechanics to have some fun with the alpha.....or would it just piss you off to have things changing all the time?

Also any other ideas for some fun they could have with the tools already ingame during alpha?

• Like 2

Before you increase zombies you need to first fix them so they don't aggro from 1,000 meters no matter what, glitch throught walls etc.

Before you increase zombies you need to first fix them so they don't aggro from 1,000 meters no matter what, glitch throught walls etc.

Why? What's the worst that could happen if the devs made the game unfair or too hard at this stage in development? Some people put the game down for awhile? Some people wait until the game is more complete and in-turn more expensive? Your avatar gets overrun by zombies a few times and you die?

I would rather have a game that is hard with a few unfair gameplay mechanics than one that is boring with a bunch of laughably easy gameplay mechanics.

• Like 3

I also think that that 'd be a good thing. Moar zombies. Mess with the Alpha as much as you can! That's what I signed up for. :)

Weparo

• Like 1