Sign in to follow this  
infinitegrim

Vehicles: hotwiring & keys...

I think as of right now vehicles are too easy to just steal.

I think when vehicles first spawn, they should have the keys for it in the inventory. When you pick them up they take a tool slot. You can make as many copies as you want by right clicking and selecting "copy". This way you can share it with your friends.

Now once you picked up the keys if someone wants to steal it they have to have a tool box and hotwire the vehicle. This makes it harder to steal vehicles, a little more realistic, and gives the toolbox more value.

This has to be doable in ARMA since I was playing a mod last night where you could only fly certain jets if you were a clan member of the server. So this has to be an easy mod.

• Like 1

Hot-wiring isn't a bad idea at all, I like it.

Not sure how it can be coded properly however, it's pretty silly now I think that someone would leave the key in the ignition as it stands.

Perhaps even going as far as removing the door, or breaking the windows to get in, thus being vulnerable if zombies come close enough to the vehicle.

But then the vehicle spawns should be a bit more often. Because people/groups of people will simply hoard those. :(

All in all I love this idea!

Like the idea except for the copys of keys.

1 set of keys per vehicle and per server.

then +1 :)

I definitely approve of this thread and suggestion.

I'd like to see this, as well as an addition that forces you to move away from a city/building to log in/out. It's downright annoying when another player is just conjured into existence after you've cleared every room in a house/building.

Well the copying keys is almost necessary for groups of people.

Well the copying keys is almost necessary for groups of people.

Actually I like the '1 set' of keys suggestion. It makes planning a bit more involved for us when doing a vehicular raid etc. If you are going to make it harder for one half of the equation, might as well do it for both...

Damn Grim stole my idea....;)

Adding A keyring to the toolbelt to hold your keys would make sense and keep your tool slots from being overloaded with keys to cars.

Also, perhaps require some kind of material component to hijack a car, i.e. scrapmetal. Some form of conductor is often required to actually hotwire a vehicle IRL. Its not just ripping some wires out from under the dash and crossing them.

+1 good idea.

Apart from copying keys. Whether its good for a group is irrelevant, I just don't think it should be possible in the scenario. Until maybe another crafting element is implemented at least.