Sign in to follow this  
magnum1484

another newbie question

I know you can use a mic on here and its the capslock button(i think) but when i use it i get the icon like im talking but no one can hear me...am I missing something here?

Make sure that you are actually talking on the Direct Communication channel. You can set a key to specifically speak only on the Direct channel in your options/key bindings.

I'll be making a video on chat channels/voice soon.

Press "." to switch channels to Direct Communication. Period is the default key binding, although this may be changed through the options.

yeah i was in the direct channel...i dont know its weird cause my buddy did it and i could hear him. Im watching a stream right now with a guy using it and the person he was trying to talk to wrote in the direct chat that he couldnt hear anything...the streamers chat were telling the streamer to make sure that VION(or something like that) was on. So i dont know lol

They probably asked if he had VOIP enabled, which by default, it is. And if you can hear your friend, it is surely enabled.

You should make sure that the game is detecting your microphone. Does your microphone work on Skype and other VOIP services?

ive never had a problem with it not working...thats why its strange to me...I just thought there might have been something in the game I had to turn on for it to work

...i cn atleast type in direct chat so I guess thats good enough

You should check your key bindings to see if you have "Push to Talk" bound to a key, by default that should be bound to "Caps Lock".

it is caps lock and like i said i can press it and the icon appears so i dont know what the deal is *srugs*