gsantos

UI options don't work config file won't save any of my custom settings ,please help :(

hello and thanks in advance for your help: so here is the problem my days config file was non-existing until i was given one by a player, after this even thought with a validated cnfig file my custom settings and custom default character don't  save ,also since the last update 45.somthing ,the in game ui is not working properly and starts in very large as dealt ,when i try to change this the game asks me to restart but after restart no changes are made 

please help :( :( :( :(

have you got the config file marked as read only?

otherwise you can delete it, and you will get a new one when you load the game

• Like 1

have you got the config file marked as read only?

otherwise you can delete it, and you will get a new one when you load the game

that is the problem i don't even have it its gone for bad, i looked for it everywhere for DAYS and doont have it even if i uninstall and rein the game and all that stuff

PLEASE SOMEONE I REALLY NEED HELP OR INFO ON THiS ;WHEN I RUN DAYZ IT WONT GENERATE A NEW ONE

thats weird, never heard of that :/ i dont know how to help ya, but id suggest:

after uninstalling the game through steam, it leaves alot of files behind, so go into your steamapps folder and delete dayz from there, then go to documents and delete all dayz folders there, that should allow you a clean install

or a little extreme perhaps, but you could run a full recovery of your system, wiping it back to factory settings and removing any data stored on the hard drive, allowing you to completely start fresh

...or, and i dont know if this would work, but create a notepad folder and put it where the file normally is stored (config in steamapps, profile in documents) and name it the same, the game should read it and might edit it, adding all the info....in theory......I have no idea what this will do or if it will work, but maybe worth a try if your only option is to wipe the system and ya wanna try one more thing first

Edited by monolith1985