Sign in to follow this  
spoofmasters01

Weird Low Resolution Bug With Config File

I've got a problem with the game's default graphics settings, it seems the game tends to set the default resolution at a very low value that I can't even read the ''Bohemia Interactive'' logo when it's starting up.

I've tried changing resolution through config file, resulted in a weird kinda streched out aspect ratio

It downloaded 1.3gb of an update after verifying the game cache through steam, but that didn't get it fixed.

Already did a reinstall. That didn't work out either.

Still on pixel art resolution I'm really going nuts now need some help...

Here's a screenshot of my situation...

post-211003-0-15744400-1403125723_thumb.

By the way I managed to get to the resolution options and the max res. was 640x480(%100).

Edited by SpoofMasters01
  • Like 1

same issue. it crashed and then did this

Glad to see I'm not the only one, I hope people here maybe knows some workaround

• Like 1

I'm having this too. The game crashed and when I restarted it I couldn't select a resolution above 1280x960 causing the game to be pixelated. I've tried every combination of graphics settings to no avail. I've even reinstalled the game.

I'm going to have a poke around and see if there any any config files I can kill to see of that resets it.

SKum

• Like 1

Messed about with the config files and still nothing. This is annoying.

Edited by DjSkum

The best I could do was to set my resolution to 1366x768 (my native res.) through config file and play in a kinda streched out view

hi i have the same issue ,when i restart the game to change de ui settings it reverts to ugly looking, tho u can change the blurry aspect if u don't restart but change the resolution in the ui settings :)

I have the same problem, started after the update and became worse after I hit the "default" button in an attempt to reset the options. I am able to force resolutions up to "200%" which in this case is 1280x960. Large black bars on the top and the bottom and a pixelated effect on all text/images. Previously I had no problems playing at 1600x900 or above.

• Like 1

I have the same problem, started after the update and became worse after I hit the "default" button in an attempt to reset the options. I am able to force resolutions up to "200%" which in this case is 1280x960. Large black bars on the top and the bottom and a pixelated effect on all text/images. Previously I had no problems playing at 1600x900 or above.

exactly the same man we must do somthin :/

one thing you may do is to change ur ui resolution and size then restart but for  me the restart resets to ugly settings

Just bought the game and as soon as i started the game i had the really shit resolution just like yours i fixed it by going to my interface resolution and setting it to 1920x1080 (or whatever you want) but if i set the game to default and i get the shitty resolution settings back.

Also the game runs extremely laggy when i put all my graphics on high and i recently just built a computer that can EASILY handle this game on high graphic settings... i don't know whats wrong

my computer specs:
gtx 770 
i7 4790 cpu
16gbs of ram
H97 D3H mobo
AND and 128gb ssd

i have the same problem it was all good until today, any ideas to solve this?

Hello,

I had the same issue with DayZ but I found a way to fix it. If you go into video settings and then click "User Interface" then you can find "Resolution" and "Size", simply just change the resolution to the highest on the list (What quality your monitor is) and then everything will be back to normal.

Hope this helps you guys with this issue.

Tom