kruzus

Personal Opinions

Hi there, I recently got DayZ Standalone and loving it! I have played DayZ mod and it was fantastic! 

I have some thoughts on improving the basics of the game. I am not a game developer, and I am not here to offend the Devs :) Just a friendly opinions on the game :D

In my opinion Devs should focus more on the zombies. I am sure a lot of you have encountered with Super Speed Sonic Zombies, and the God-Like-Military-Zombies as well. If Devs focus on the zombies, make them less glitchy. Zombies shouldn't see you from 25 kilometers, the zombie aggro is pretty high. Also, climbing a ladder while zombies on you, you're getting hit even though you're not on the ground. It disappears when you reach the roof, but at that time you're either bleeding or your leg is in extreme pain. 

Bring back the UI for water, body temperature, hunger, bleed, broken bones and etc.. Since it's a new game, why not bring an old feature from the original game? That would be cool! 

I belief the zombies are the #1 priority at the moment for the Standalone. When they are fixed, I think there would be room for Weapon spawns, and Food spawns. 

The logic behind when you fall from certain building, at height of approx. 5 meters, you die. I don't get the part, i don't think jumping from 5 meter height is going to brake your bone, and die. Standalone should be an improved version of Dayz mod, so why have old feature from the mod?

High loot places should have more zombies, to make it more rewarding, otherwise it's going to be an easy looting.

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work." - Colin Powell. 

This is all my ideas, I hope I didn't offend anyone. I am glad to read the criticism of the DayZ community, and Devs as well.  Thanks!

Lots of cool stuff in here, unfortunately there are individual threads for some of those. Don't mean to be rude, but if you search the archives before posting it prevents the forum from becoming messy.

Also, congrats on your first post and welcome to the forum!

Edited by 11tw
  • Like 1

17 Feet... thats about what 5 meters is. You do realize how high that is right? Thats like climbing up a standard wooden US lightpole and jumping off. People die from 10 foot falls from deer stands, and dont bring up DayZs falling like a vertical log. Thats fixed soon, youll ragdoll and flail about tryin to stabilize. Like real life. Like the way people die.

17 Feet... thats about what 5 meters is. You do realize how high that is right? Thats like climbing up a standard wooden US lightpole and jumping off. People die from 10 foot falls from deer stands, and dont bring up DayZs falling like a vertical log. Thats fixed soon, youll ragdoll and flail about tryin to stabilize. Like real life. Like the way people die.

Well 5 meters was exaggeration. I just don't get the idea of dying when you jump from a barn ladder. Makes no sense. 

When you jump from a barn ladder (2.5-3 meters) you wouldn't die. You probably wouldn't even sprain anything if you are good at crouching upon landing. If you are weighed down however (e.g. wearing a backpack and/or rifle) then you would probably sprain an ankle.

Anything above this height might break something.

Fun fact, children die 50% of the time from a five storey drop. That is 12 to 15 metres.

Allowing for adulthood, let's say 50% at 15 metres average. Then estimate for the extra weight... 12 metres give 50% survival (this is an estimate, but better than what the game has now)

Now if you jump that distance, you will probably survive with one fracture. If you trip or are pushed you will land either body flat or head first, in which case death is basically guaranteed.

However 44 people have survived falling from aeroplanes without a parachute, so clearly there should always be a small chance of surviving even the highest falls, as extra height doesn't make a difference once you are past terminal velocity. 11 of those people by the way had no wreckage to grab on to, and survived with nothing but a bunch of broken bones.

Right now the game is way too harsh on falling. That is just a fact, and it needs to be fixed.

Of course the surface needs to be taken into account. Concrete is less forgiving than water (however if you fall from a great enough height the surface tension of water will make it worse than concrete), and bushes should give softer landings. Grass, particularly when wet, gives plenty of give when you hit it, so this should help improve odds.

The system just needs to be improved so that jumping from a first storey window as a last resort could be doable, but two stories isn't.

However 44 people have survived falling from aeroplanes without a parachute, so clearly there should always be a small chance of surviving even the highest falls, as extra height doesn't make a difference once you are past terminal velocity. 11 of those people by the way had no wreckage to grab on to, and survived with nothing but a bunch of broken bones.

They "survived". They will be a vegetable sitting in a hospital bed having liquid food particles pumped into their stomach while using morse code to tell the nurse which channel to switch the telly to. Yea, not the ideal situation for an apocalypse.