latprod

Weird light glitching when high FPS (over 60)

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I only realized when it was happening when i tried to record it with Fraps. As soon as i started Fraps, it instantly went away since fraps steals a lot of frames. It always happens in open woody areas where my FPS is 60+. It's like 20-30 white sripes just freak out all over my screen, then it all goes white and slowly settles down again. As soon as FPS lowers it's not a problem. Has anyone else seen this? 

Turn on V-sync if you can put up with it, personally I would rather have the tearing though.

Thanks for the answers, but this is way beyond tearing. I've got a 60hz monitor atm.

This is a video i managed to record with shadowplay... can you check it out? Does not look anything like tearing.

It looks ... i dont know, like the lighting in the game is screwed

edit: I did try enabling vsync, doesn't help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37918197/o%20%20program%20files%20%28x86%29%20steam%20steamapps%20common%20dayz%20dayz.exe%2006.17.2014%20-%2015.41.01.01.mp4

Edited by latProd

i have v sync disabled in game but I have it 'on' in my Nvidia panel- try that. that prevents me from goin above 61 but also no input lag. I also have nvidia control panel max frames ahead set to : 1 , and two options in the day z config file turned to (1) for GPU max frames ahead. try those and it should stop the frames over 60

Thanks for the answers, but this is way beyond tearing. I've got a 60hz monitor atm.

This is a video i managed to record with shadowplay... can you check it out? Does not look anything like tearing.

It looks ... i dont know, like the lighting in the game is screwed

edit: I did try enabling vsync, doesn't help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37918197/o%20%20program%20files%20%28x86%29%20steam%20steamapps%20common%20dayz%20dayz.exe%2006.17.2014%20-%2015.41.01.01.mp4

That's not tearing, THIS is tearing:

1156042-ggdsg_19.jpg

Set a default profile for DayZ, and reinstall your game.

Edited by Shadow134
  • Like 1

Thanks Shadow123, I guess I will try reinstalling the game, since nothing else works.

But what do you mean when you tell me to set a default profile? 

Also, does dayz recognize my ID or whatever so that I can get my  character back as well?

Edited by latProd