Sign in to follow this  
sobieski12

DayZ - Where enemies become friends

DayZ never ceases to surprise me in the way of making friends.

This scenario proves why this game is so epic.

Edited by Sobieski12
  • Like 3

this scenario is present in all survival games that trust players into work together or kill situations.  

The group of people from around the world I play with I met back In rust when I still played that.

just another reason games like Dayz are so common now

Edited by callsignBravo

this scenario is present in all survival games that trust players into work together or kill situations.  

The group of people from around the world I play with I met back In rust when I still played that.

just another reason games like Dayz are so common now

Are you sure this is common?

Most people just kill others and hide bodies, well in my perspective.

The classic saying " Shoot 1st ask questions later." seems to be the general ideology that most players follow.

Great outcome! Moments like this are great...i'm glad he survived otherwise he would have felt as if the game is full of bandits and they just KoS and would have felt less like playing! When it is far from it...

I think DayZ is more peaceful than people suspect and that there are less trolls. I know i've seen more people that i could have shot than people I wouldn't of been able too. The problem for everyone is that nobody is going to remember the time when nobody shot at them...

Edited by Trizzo

Rare but rly nice bro.Everytime i see these type of vids i want to become bandit slayer.Everytime i become bandit slayer i become bandit.

It was a moment of shock and disappointment, immediately followed by some fun. I'm glad you didn't end up a dirty bandit Sobi. 

(I'm the one he knocked out)

• Like 1

This is funny in the sense of you assumed they were bandits... And then you banditted them, doing what everyone else does - shoots before speaks.You can hide behind the guise "They would have shot me" but that's what hero's do regardless they don't care if they die, where as your first intent was to shoot them then ask the questions which if i'm not mistaken was complaining at literally 3 posts above mine, and then admitted you probably would have took them hostage, Everyone hears shots and assumes "oh it's a bandit." funny video though, what do you use to record? I use fraps at 1080p but it's not as clear when i move as yours is.

Edit: How did you also get the FPS counter top left?

Edited by Aj90lfc

This is funny in the sense of you assumed they were bandits... And then you banditted them, doing what everyone else does - shoots before speaks.You can hide behind the guise "They would have shot me" but that's what hero's do regardless they don't care if they die, where as your first intent was to shoot them then ask the questions which if i'm not mistaken was complaining at literally 3 posts above mine, and then admitted you probably would have took them hostage, Everyone hears shots and assumes "oh it's a bandit." funny video though, what do you use to record? I use fraps at 1080p but it's not as clear when i move as yours is.

Edit: How did you also get the FPS counter top left?

It's difficult to approach players of which of both heavily geared and to just say friendly. 

* It's a massive risk if you can't control the situation.

I personally had the worst weapon to take two hostages with, since it's a bolt action. But if I had an auto-matic I can keep both players in check and not be scared that I miss the 1st round if these guys take evasive maneuvers to counter-attack me. 

I would love if the game had tasers tho, it would be an easier way to take someone hostage without getting scared of being counter-attacked hard, but o well.

----

For recording I use "Shadowplay"

* Shadowplay does not hit FPS of which allows me to make playable video in DayZ towns, since I average 20 - 30 fps on high settings in towns. If i was to run fraps, that fps would probably crash at an average of 15 fps.

As for the purple font FPS bar. 

* It's a "On screen display" of GPU usage / FPS bar 

* The program is free and it's called "MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision" 

- Both are free

Edited by Sobieski12

I've had MSI afterburner and it just wouldn't do the FPS counter, even after enabling it and "Toggling" with keyboard commands so i gave up, ahwell. I'll download Shadowplay now, i normally use FRAPS for recording while it does drop FPS a little i sitll normally average 30 but the quality is waaay off when you move around

I've had MSI afterburner and it just wouldn't do the FPS counter, even after enabling it and "Toggling" with keyboard commands so i gave up, ahwell. I'll download Shadowplay now, i normally use FRAPS for recording while it does drop FPS a little i sitll normally average 30 but the quality is waaay off when you move around

Just tell me if you get any problems with "out of sync" audio with Shadowplay, some people get the problem while others don't.

This is funny in the sense of you assumed they were bandits... And then you banditted them, doing what everyone else does - shoots before speaks.You can hide behind the guise "They would have shot me" but that's what hero's do regardless they don't care if they die,

What the hell did I just read here? He did the most rational thing any lone wolf with a non-auto weapon approaching two players could have done. What are you on about? ARRR YOU'RE A BANDIT !!! YOU ASSUMED THEY ARE! He had enough balls imo, allowing that guy to pick up his AKM. Also who needs heroes?

What the hell did I just read here? He did the most rational thing any lone wolf with a non-auto weapon approaching two players could have done. What are you on about? ARRR YOU'RE A BANDIT !!! YOU ASSUMED THEY ARE! He had enough balls imo, allowing that guy to pick up his AKM. Also who needs heroes?

I'm not defending Hero' i'm far from one, trust me.  I do my own thing, if someone is heavily geared walking around with their gun up they're not friendly so i kill them

What he did was fine. People know what it looks like, to be sitting up there with a sniper rifle. There were two of them.