Sign in to follow this  
cjhouston

Adding Vehicles to Spawn

Hey everyone,

I am hosting a Vilayer Server and I usually Google for answers as to figure things out on my own. However I am in a bit of a pickle. I would like to know how to remove most vehicles from spawning and add in vehicles that I pick to spawn in their place.

Do I have to do this in Heidi SQL, or can I use the Infinstar Admin addon I have to delete and add in these vehicles? Also do I need to do anything to the dyanmic_vehicle.sqf?

I don't know much about addons and the proprietary tools, but if you were to unCPBO your dayzserver.pbo file (which lives on your server in the @Hive\Addons\ directory) you would find a file called config.cpp there. 

Within the config.cpp file you will see code that looks like:

class PBX : Ship { quantity = 1; };		class Smallboat_1 : Ship { quantity = 2; };		class Fishing_Boat : Ship { quantity = 2; };		class Smallboat_2 : Ship { quantity = 1; };		class MH6J_DZ : Air { quantity = 1; };		class UH1H_DZ : Air { quantity = 1; };		class AH6X_DZ : Air { quantity = 1; };		class Mi17_DZ : Air { quantity = 1; };		class AN2_DZ : Air { quantity = 1; };		class Motorcycle : AllVehicles {};

Simply edit this file, create a .pbo of the dayzserver directory, delete the old one from your server and replace with your fresh new dayzserver.pbo that you've lightly coated in oil and left to bake in the sun...and you'll be all set.  

If you need a better walkthrough I can make an attempt and making some sense, but I prefer to be a gasbag.

Cheers,

Jimmy

• Like 1

Figured it out. With Vilayer I added what vehicles I wanted to spawn, and removed the ones I didn't in dynamic_vehicle.sqf. Removed ALL vehicles, that wiped out all vehicles on the map and respawn'd a new batch when I restarted the server.

Glad you got it sorted!  Feel free to post again if you have other issues, we'll try and help you along.

Cheers,

Jimmy