Sign in to follow this  
11tw

convenient loot

loot should be rare, but convenient.

Houses with a rifle on the top floor, should have a box of rifle bullets hidden somewhere (let's say in a drawer). This is convenient for the player, but also realistic, because you know who owns rifle rounds? Rifle owners.

The same can be said of different weapons, however to keep the system balanced the devs would also have to make guns a lot rarer. I have, in three days of playing, encountered 3 copies of the gun I am using, and 40 bullets. Possibly a bit much...

• Like 5

I have to confess.

I came here to read another ridiculous suggestion, so I have something to rant about, but this one is actually really good ^^

But the rifle rounds should not always spawn, the chance should just be higher, and of course the rounds should also not spawn in the same drawer all the time. I really don't want such "patterns" in DayZ where you ,like in the mod, know where to look or which building to ignore, because there are not enough loot spawn etc., but I doubt that this is going to be the case. 

Edited by UmBe

I'd rather we keep it as is (with adjustments to the loot spawns themselves so that they make more sense).

Having a guaranteed (or even semi-guaranteed) chance of finding ammunition in the same location as a weapon wouldn't encourage moving between locations at all. Sure, people would search more closely in buildings, but you'd be less inclined to look into the next house if you knew everything your gun needed was already there. The randomization is much better, even though it's gimpy at times (like magazines being awful to find, and stuff like Sporter-22 mags only spawning in military bases), but having some sort of guarantee that you'll get something is too hard to believe.

However, I'd like it to be possible for some guns to spawn with magazines or loose bullets around them (a low chance) so that you'd see more people using the handguns and sporter-22.

We need good loot to be rare, but bad, almost junk loot to be a lot more common. As crafting comes into play more, these "junk" items will find their purpose.

Love the idea. The current distribution of loot massively favours camping on popular locations and makes it way too easy to gear up really fast.

Edited by pistaaaa
  • Like 1

I'd rather we keep it as is (with adjustments to the loot spawns themselves so that they make more sense).

Having a guaranteed (or even semi-guaranteed) chance of finding ammunition in the same location as a weapon wouldn't encourage moving between locations at all. Sure, people would search more closely in buildings, but you'd be less inclined to look into the next house if you knew everything your gun needed was already there. The randomization is much better, even though it's gimpy at times (like magazines being awful to find, and stuff like Sporter-22 mags only spawning in military bases), but having some sort of guarantee that you'll get something is too hard to believe.

However, I'd like it to be possible for some guns to spawn with magazines or loose bullets around them (a low chance) so that you'd see more people using the handguns and sporter-22.

I'm simply suggesting an increased chance of ammo being in the same place as the gun. It simply makes sense that gun-owners will own at least one box of ammo, in the same way that hospitals have medical equipment and military bases have military equipment.