Sign in to follow this  
Shrub Rocketeer ™

put the wind in

I reckon wind is important for surviving against zombies so why don't they put some in the game? like say there is them cock compass things on the church roofs to say what direction the wind is coming from and those funny cone flags on the airports

also if we have cooking happening soon maybe we can SMELL the fire and food and have a message saying 'you smell food cooking' and we know which basic direction because smell follows the wind then we know what way to go to find the bbq or kill the man or RUN AWAY LOL , also for hunting we could stalk the deer down wind so they don't smell us too much AND ESCAPE PLUS SOUND TRAVELS WITH WIND SO WE CAN HEAR MORE IF THEY ARE IN WIND DIRECTION THIS IS FOR GUNS SOUNDS TOO

make leaves blow in the wind direction and clouds to help us know more maybe LICK FINGER HOLD IN THE AIR to read direction of the wind where its going

wind can affect bullets and also make you cold so you can shelter on some west facing rocks to keep shelter from east cold winds and make body temperature more safe for life

• Like 3

I like the idea of wind affecting huntin and also it is a fact that smells and odours travel on the wind, I like the idea of a message poppin up saying 'you smell cooking' then, after working out which way the wind is blowing and then seeing if you can track the smell to its source. Of course we ain't tracker dogs and we would only get an idea of general direction, also would add an element of jeopardy to cooking.

would add another level to the game.

• Like 2

Think we are getting a little over complicated at the moment for a game that cant actually do the simple things yet .

• Like 3

Think we are getting a little over complicated at the moment for a game that cant actually do the simple things yet .

But if people want wind, would it be easier to speak up now while its being developed or when its finished? If it was to be taken seriously

Edited by Coltz
  • Like 1

Did the suggestions forum get removed?

Great idea, maybe something to add when everything else is done and the game is stable. We atleast have wind affecting the world already, like when it's windy it's harder to ignite the campfire. I didn't expect that at all, when me and a friend tried to cook some meat up on a mountain but could not get the fire going. We had too relocate to a less windy position and also make the fire under a tree to avoid rain, awsome.

• Like 1

also when the wind is blowing strong make it so you have to use more energy to run against the wind and make it more easier to run with the wind behind you and maybe put windsurfing

Rocket has already said wind is planned, and it will effect long range shooting among other things.

/Thread

• Like 1

Rocket has already said wind is planned, and it will effect long range shooting among other things.

/Thread

I'm glad he is listening to my idea

I'm glad he is listening to my idea

Hell, he built a time machine just so he could go back in time and start work on your idea months before you had it.

That kid is a go getter, I tells ya.

LOL as if long range sniping wouldn´t  allready be impossible without the bullet impact.

If this was a feature, and not a bug. Then all the chicken shit snipers would go home...

A man can dream though, a man can dream...

*thoughtfully stares out a window*

If this was a feature, and not a bug. Then all the chicken shit snipers would go home...

A man can dream though, a man can dream...

*thoughtfully stares out a window*

So you want NO sniping at all in day z?

Then why have a longe range scope anyway?

Because without bullet impact + wind you could also close your eyes before pulling the trigger.

Absolutely no chance to hit anyting on long range.

I mean how do i adjust my shots if i don´t know if it was to high, low, left... let alone how long the bullet took

to get there?

btw. I can shoot running people on long range in other games.

(i did it on day z too before they removed bullet impact... But now a hit on a moving target is simple pure luck and this is even WITHOUT wind)