Sign in to follow this  
captlobster

Game Won't Load Servers

I had DayZ SA on this computer, and it worked nicely. I had to replace an old and broken hardrive, and install windows 8 (same as before) so now everything is fresh and new. I installed DayZ SA through steam and ran it. I go to join a server and look on the server browser. No servers are loading. I don't see any. I sat there for 5 minutes (on internet, default filter, firewall off) hitting refresh every now and then and nothing. Also, on DayZ Mod, I can see servers on DayZ Commander, however they will go to 10000 ping. It will go back to normal for 4 seconds, then go back to 10000 ping. If I try to join them, it just saying "Connection Failed." What's wrong? I tried re-installing both SA and mod, but it does nothing for me. I really need help!

I'm having a similar problem with no servers loading. I can only remotely input and join a single server at a time and cant view the lists. Have to go into a browser to find a server.

Ive posted on here and also opened a report of it but not had any answers yet. I think in my case its something to do with my router, I use a sky hub and have forwarded all the steam ports yet I seem to be missing something to allow dayz servers to show up. I'm thinking Dayz has its own separate generic inbound/outbound port. Either that or my NAT type is restricted.

In your case try verifying the game cache in steam. Or depending if you have not changed to the Experimental servers try that by doing the following:

Right click DayZ in your Steam Library
Click Properties
Click the Betas tab
In the drop down menu choose...
experimental = preview testing version