Blasty

Tent city levelled.

snipping your post down a bit

What you said makes no difference' date=' because all I have to do is spread my tents out so a single grenade can only take out a single tent. There is no "gasoline and fire" system to burn things after you've had your way with them. A griefer would only be able to destroy as much as he had grenades to do so... which probably means 1 or 2 tents.

[/quote']

Running tents over with vehicles works too. If a person is determined to destroy your stuff, they will destroy your stuff.

Bottom line is... It's a stupid feature.. it does no one any good to destroy someone elses gear... if you find one of my campsites I say kudos you deserve the loot you got.. lord knows we shot people making out from our campsites with our gear multiple times and had a good laugh about it' date=' and for every one we actually saw one or two got away.... It's part of the thrill of the game to think if that person is going to remember how to get back or if we should relocate...

Without some sort of reasonable storage system there is no reward for hard work or teamwork. If this kind of thing isn't taken into consideration the game will only ever be an outlet for griefers and hackers to come ruin other peoples game play and watch them complain about it.

[/quote']

Personally, if I stumbled across a tent, I would steal small amounts of things that people wouldn't miss. (at least hopefully) Then I could make several trips to the place, and end up with a lot more gear over time, or I could wait till they stash some big value item. (barracks/heli-only gear)

However! I hate that you're talking tactics without admiting that there is a perfectly legitimate reason to destroy everything in an enemy's camp. Loot what you can and burn the rest is a valid tactic; it's basically the same as attacking your enemy's supply lines. If you're not able to take it all, then destroy the rest so they can't use it against you.

The rewards for teamwork are there obviously. It is far easier to get high end gear when working with a squad. It is far easier to defend a tent compound if you're working with a clan. (and basically impossible to do without a clan)

One "reward for hard work and teamwork" is that you generally will have access to better gear, most of which should be carried on your person. That has nothing to do with storage.

Another "reward for hard work and teamwork" is that you generally will be able to get back gear more quickly (or even instantly) when one or more of you dies. This has a little to do with storage, but it's more about the fact that your squadmates can pick up your kit and give it back to you.

What you're asking for, isn't to have a "reward for hard work and teamwork," it's to have a less vulnerable storage system. Even if they made it so that tents couldn't be crushed, what is to stop a bandit from going to each tent, pulling your gear into their inventory, and then throwing it on the ground for it to despawn? The only difference I can see is that it'd take a bit more time.

P.S.

If there was a way in the game to -securely- store as much gear as you can with several tents/vehicles in the game atm... then there would be no point in playing the game, because it would stop being a survival sim and start being a slower mod for Arma2.

hahaha op is still crying

oh god im gonna start throwing grenades at camp sites after i loot em. hopefully get some quality tears from a guy like this

You didn't have a night guard?

This....guard your stuff or risk losing it (be it stealing or destroying).

I hear Chinese gold farmers are losing jobs....

If you guys argue this so vehemently then you should be advertising that any tent should be able to be packed up and stolen by any player. The fact that they cannot be means that it was intended for unique storage outside of inventory to be bound to a single player... thus the player that drops the tent is the only one who can pick it back up.

If you want tents to be so useless you might as well take them out of the game because they do you absolutely no good.. any idiot can come by run over your tents and drive away for no reason other than they got a laugh out of it. Like i said before, I didn't lose all my gear - and I could care less about the tents that were leveled cause i have dozens more on multiple different servers....

Tents should be placeable in the woods, so that there is a lot more possible locations.

If you guys argue this so vehemently then you should be advertising that any tent should be able to be packed up and stolen by any player. The fact that they cannot be means that it was intended for unique storage outside of inventory to be bound to a single player... thus the player that drops the tent is the only one who can pick it back up.

If you want tents to be so useless you might as well take them out of the game because they do you absolutely no good.. any idiot can come by run over your tents and drive away for no reason other than they got a laugh out of it. Like i said before' date=' I didn't lose all my gear - and I could care less about the tents that were leveled cause i have dozens more on multiple different servers....

[/quote']

Nah, the reason why they can't be stolen is merely a gamey mechanic to limit tent'splosions on servers. If you could take anyone's tent ever, then you'd have a steady increase in the numbers of tents without any being removed from the system. Tents are limited to the life of the character so that eventually they are consumed instead of slowly hogging more and more resources.

I do not find tents useless as they are in the game now, so I'm perfectly fine with the devs leaving them exactly the way they are. If you think that they're completely useless as is, then don't use them. If you do use them, then accept that they are not permanent secure storage.

I won't kill another player but I'll take whatever I can from his tent. In fact I found a bunch of tents a couple of kilometres east of Novy Sobor a weeks or two ago, most were empty but a couple had food, cooked meat and a few bits of medical supplies. I took what I could and left the rest. The other tent had loads of military ammo inside, so I took it all out piece by piece and dumped it in the woods.

Why? It might have bought a few people a few more days of living.

By this point repeating myself would just be insanity. Anyone who is capable of reading saw that I never once asked for permanent secure storage; simply a storage device that can't be destroyed by being blown up with grenades.

By this point repeating myself would just be insanity. Anyone who is capable of reading saw that I never once asked for permanent secure storage; simply a storage device that can't be destroyed by being blown up with grenades.

Storage device that can't be destroyed = permanent storage. We're mincing words, but saying the same thing.

And you never responded to my previous post. If tents are indestructible and people want to destroy your crap, they would just pull it out piece by piece, and leave it on the ground to despawn. What is the difference?

You want a tent that allows people to steal from you, but they can't take anything but what they're going to use. I don't see that happening.

Hoarding is more or less end-game content' date=' if you take that away more pointless PK'ing will arise.

[/quote']

Thats actually pretty true for me, if I wasnt trying to collect every weapon id be in Chern blasting everybody with NVGs and L85 thermals

Just read this thread http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23419 and already feel better. They obviously want to focus more on base building so that will probably solve this issue of immature griefing.

Destroying an enemy's base isn't always griefing. A standard Venn diagram would represent it pretty well.

That said I am interested in all the extra do-dads rocket's planning on adding.

Hoarding is more or less end-game content' date=' if you take that away more pointless PK'ing will arise.

[/quote']

Thats actually pretty true for me, if I wasnt trying to collect every weapon id be in Chern blasting everybody with NVGs and L85 thermals

It's true for everybody, people just like to troll to act like they don't apply. The storage systems are the only thing that gives the game replay value after you've done the same thing 500x.

"and I could care less about the tents that were leveled cause i have dozens more on multiple different servers...."

But making a carebear thread on the forums shows your level of not caring lol

I was speaking to the mechanic, not my personal loss. Failmore.

I was speaking to the mechanic' date=' not my personal loss. Failmore.

[/quote']

You still haven't responded to me in how you expect to solve the issue of "I'm okay with people taking stuff from me, but not destroying stuff outright" when people could then just take stuff from your tent and throw it on the ground so it despawns.

I'm still curious as to how you'd solve the problem without artificially restricting what people can steal. (which seems like something rocket would never do)

How do you even know they didn't jack your shit before hand? I steal tons of crap from tents and then procede to blow them up..

I don't know wtf happened, thats why i put what happened here?? in my OP. Whatever happened.. it sucked.

Well, if you're not there, what stops anyone from doing anything they want with your gear?

If you don't have it with you and you don't defend it, it's finders, keepers.

I have been hording a tent for almost a week now. Mainly a few sniper rifles, assault rifles and food and blood bags. I just kept gear for different situations instead of running directly to it in the event of a death. I am not very much into the bandit ways, but instead I like to run around and scavenge and horde stuff for whatever play style I feel like. I keep a silenced smg for my helicopter scavenging.

Like somebody said on this server that there are 2 type of people that play Dayz. 1 that scavenges around and those who kill them. If a player cannot horde gear there is no reason to even scavenge as all you need to do is blitz cherno, get an AK and just run to Stary or the NW airfield for some PvP.

All that said I am starting to think that our tents were not leveled by chance but perhaps something happened. My tent was untouched in what I assumed a pretty safe spot and to come and see other have had their tents leveled today seems odd.