Sign in to follow this  
Fins Up

Lose Connection Immediately Upon Joining Server

I realise that there have been many similar threads to this, but I haven't found one with exactly similar circumstances, nor any with a solution, so I'll try my luck here.

My problem, as per the title, is that I lose connection to the game regardless of which server I play on. This occurs usually within two minutes of joining, with the longest time I have been able to play in three weeks of having the game being roughly thirty minutes, and even that has only been once or twice.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Arma, DayZ and Six Updater multiple times, restarted computers and routers, and closed everything accessing my internet.

I am located in Melbourne, Australia, and have tried connecting to both ANZ and NZ servers, and have lately been trying Seattle and Dallas servers (yielding around 200 ping according to the multiplayer setup screen).

Side problems/information which I'm not sure are relevant include:

- Six Launcher only showing 9999 pings for all servers

- Upon losing connection to a server, and then attempting to refresh the server list within Arma 2 itself returns only a dozen or so servers, with the rest not appearing unless I power cycle my modem

- The order of connection loss goes: broken yellow chain, broken red chain, "No Message Received For X" message.

Any information or advice that can be provided is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried fiddling with your firewall settings?

I tried manually allowing anything remotely related to DayZ through my firewall.

No dice.

Anything else I should fiddle with?