Sign in to follow this  
Cenobyte

"Sure i can fly..."

gif-family-guy-helicopter-battlefield-38

Every time I hear that I see this.

• Like 5

How'd you get that gif? I didn't know anyone was recording.

(That's about how I fly in Battlefield)

I'm one of those dick pilots in DayZ that does a barrel roll with a passenger, then bails out just to watch them crash.

• Like 2

hahaa, I've gotten so used to being attacked in the air that i can pretty much only fly without a tail rotor or with a failing main rotor. in a 100% green chopper i instinctively try and compensate for it by tilting or attempting to use autorotation and crash/kill everyone :P

hahaa, I've gotten so used to being attacked in the air that i can pretty much only fly without a tail rotor or with a failing main rotor. in a 100% green chopper i instinctively try and compensate for it by tilting or attempting to use autorotation and crash/kill everyone :P

I envy pilots that can recover from a failed back rotor. The best I can do is have a "Controlled crash," where I hit and immediately send the chassis to the red but get out only half-dead. 

I envy pilots that can recover from a failed back rotor. The best I can do is have a "Controlled crash," where I hit and immediately send the chassis to the red but get out only half-dead. 

A landing you can walk away from is a good one! If you want i have links to some tutorials for how to deal with failing tail/main rotors I'd happily share  :)

Edited by Cenobyte

A landing you can walk away from is a good one! If you want i have links to some tutorials for how to deal with failing tail/main rotors I'd happily share  :)

If you're spinning left, rotate right, if you're spinning right, rotate left?

If you're spinning left, rotate right, if you're spinning right, rotate left?

No you basically want to get height and then angle the heli downwards (timing is important) head straight for the ground and then you should get enough speed to straighten you up. Fly towards a safe landing zone, get close to the ground and then lose as much speed as possible. At the last second do a "u" turn landing turning towards the direction that you were spinning in before hand and cut all power.

Nex beat me to it. Momentum and natural autorotation are your friends in an uncontrolled spin

EDIT - it's also possible to make a heli fly stright without a tailrotor, though doing so is a bit of a bastard sometimes because of ArmA2's flight model

Edited by Cenobyte