Sign in to follow this  
Cuqah

First DayZ mod experience...

I've played SA for a while now and wanted to try the mod, i had arma 2 already so i bought OA got the mod running and joined into a server. 

I spawned near Elektro and made my way to a barn on the outskirts of the town, i saw someone running through the field a ways away with about 20 zombies chasing after him. i was laying down near the barn waiting for some zombies to clear out of the way and a blue van rolled past on the dirt road near me, they backed up and stopped in front of me. 3 people got out and told me there was nothing in the barn but gave me a lee enfield with 3 mags, some food, a map, and some water. they drove off and i started sorting through my new gear in a pine tree. when i was finished i started typing in chat to say thank you to the guys who easily could have wasted me. as i was typing i heard footsteps saw the legs of a guy walking around the palm tree and stop. i heard "Hey buddy." in direct chat and then a series of shots followed by a death message.

welcome to DayZ

• Like 2

-snip-

welcome to DayZ

Sounds about right :D

You're quite lucky to have met a group of friendlies. My welcoming to Chernarus was a 7.62 round to the back of the skull from long range.

• Like 1

Brilliant!

You've met the good and the bad on the first day!

I honestly love the Mod but support SA too (bought it on the first day) but I just feel with a mod there is more freedom.

I hope that experience didn't put you off the mod! I'm sure though, that similar things happen in SA too!

at least you had a relatively quick and painless death, my first life broke his legs dehydrated and bled out like a stuck pig, ouch

DayZ takes all types.  Some kill for the fun of it and some of us have never killed another player in the couple of years we've been playing.  Mostly people fall between the two extremes.  It's also a matter of the admin on a server/hive setting the approach.  If they're helpful and friendly you'll find a lot of the players will be too.  They'll work together to defend against the more juvenile/aggressive players who just want to kill.

I'm a survivalist so I don't kill anyone but would if I had to.

I spawned In and said I'm friendly via chat, run around asking people over chat if they need anything. A guy crowbars me to the back of the head while I'm replying to someone's distress messGe, my guy dies. Later a guy with a so says he will help me, I run outside and he shoots me to hell. I did meet a friendly dude who died in front of me by getting eaten by zombies. We both had no weapons.