Sign in to follow this  
leo235

Whats the deal with CRAFTING

I see a lot of threads about crafting and people wanting to make their own weapons (bows mainly) and ammo and beeing able to make bandages from clothing.

Should crafting be in the game? have the devs said abnything about that?

because personallly I love all kinds of crafting, but I really think it would detract from the gameplay, because it changes the death moed from panic-looking-around-but-fucking-up to standing-in-front-of-fire/craftingtable-not-caring-for-anything

have the devs said abnything about that?

Well it only would add to the realism. If you had a torn up cloth and needed a bandage, I see no reason why you couldn't turn it into a bandage. I don't see the need to make your own bows, as most people wouldn't know how to do that in real life, anyway. Additionally, when I first started the game, I actually picked up a tin can thinking I'd be able to fill it with water or something.

Crafting already is part of the mod.

Should crafting be in the game? have the devs said abnything about that?

Crafting is already in the mod. Fixing vehicles, creating fireplaces, cooking, changing ammo for different guns. As long as crafting stays on a very basic level that most people could achieve I'm all for it. Survivors fixing up a bike, car, maybe even basic gun repairs yes. Survivors being able to fix up a chopper or airplane is already out of the scope. Fixing boats is where the border between "doable" and "impossible" is for me.

i think crafting is something rocket already has on his agenda, but it will be quite some time until it'll get implemented. it needs a lot of work and right now there are more important things to fix/add/remove.

Hmm yes there is some sort of crafting already, but fixing cars isnt really the kind of large-scale crafting I ways thinking about. Making bandages from cloth maybe isnt either, because its so basic, but Im really not a fan of having crafting "recipes" for which you must find like 3 different things and then go to a factory or something.

But yes, fixing cars is that too...