BadAsh (DayZ)

New bolt action rifle coming.

No, that would be an Arc Cannon. Try again.

It's actually an intricate design made to bolt down rivets and other metal objects (such as nails, screws, washers, etc.), using a rifled barrel for accurate placement and the ability to do so without a ladder. The addition of scopes and sighting allow construction workers to build everything from panels to aircraft carriers from over 1 KM away.

Caliber really refers to the number of times a screw twists around the center body, i.e. a .50 caliber screw twists around 50 times. 40mm explosive screws, on the other hand, spread out in all directions. and are useful for making nailed baseball bats.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Why is torchia so opposed to different ammo types, make a bloody realistic survival game, the mosins one is likely to find in chernarus would be firing 7.62 x54r

*edited to be nice instead of being crass and vulgar*

Optimization constraints as far as i can tell.

Finally, the pilot helmet will be paintable.

• Like 2

For civilian sector, I'd like CZ550 and maybe in 2 variants, one with this camo

gLkHRey.jpg

For military uses, so more rare, Id like CZ750

JN1lor2.jpg

EDIT & OFFTOPIC:

Also can't understand Devs opinion of Sa vz.58 being too simillar with AKM.

If they implemented it and added also modern accessories, I'd say it's pretty distinctive.

xki4ULu.jpg

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 3

They could add it in, but if I recall, you can't use ak mags in it. Probably easier to just put the aku in.

They could add it in, but if I recall, you can't use ak mags in it. Probably easier to just put the aku in.

True, you can't use AKM mag in vz.58 in real life.

Same as you can not use AKM mag in AK-74, yet it is not a reason not to add it.

I'm not saying it should be priority, just can't see the reason why not to add it further down the road, that's all.

Well I think it is a more common weapon than the ak74u.

But I am a proponent of few weapon calibers and magazine types.  I get the other side and would generally prefer all calibers and as many guns as make sense except that it makes the game a bit cloudy if you go too far in that direction.

Having all AK mags for the AKM work in the AK variants isn't too bad.  Similarly, there are dozens of weapons that can use the M4 magazines, including some crazy calibers.

You want a realistic survival game?  Then remove almost all the long guns (since most wouldn't be in Chernarus), all of the current pistols (not a single one would be in Chernarus), zombies (not real), and restrict it to like three total rifles (mosin, some sort of .22, and a shotgun).  Oh, and bullets are useless unless found indoors.

Weee, bet that would be a blast!

That would be ultra realistic, No, I just want regular old realism, and a little attention to detail, since that's what BI have always delivered on, It isn't hugely difficult to give weapons their RL ammo types.

• Like 1

True, you can't use AKM mag in vz.58 in real life.

Same as you can not use AKM mag in AK-74, yet it is not a reason not to add it.

I'm not saying it should be priority, just can't see the reason why not to add it further down the road, that's all.

Having a VZ.58 using AKM mags would not be as bothersome as the Mosin using 7.62x51mm or AK-74 firing 5.56x45mm. It's a cool and completely different gun, but it looks very similar to the AKM, generally uses 30 round, 7.62x39mm mags (just like the AKM) and has similar performance. Not saying they shouldn't have it later on, but other 7.62x39mm AK (or AK-based) rifles aren't really needed before things like the AK-74M and AKS-74U.

• Like 1

I hope its the CZ 550. I managed 6 headshots in a row with that thing in a medium range ambush from a field to the woods lining an out-of-the-way town.

Now I won't snipe with anything else. Its headshots or nothing!

Considering every Cherarussian farmer and their mom owns a CZ550, I would truly hope it gets added.