HelloMyMoto

Newly installed, problems running game

Hey, I am brand new here and just installed DayZ a little while ago. I am having a lot of trouble with the game. Everything opens up and runs fine, but I am getting a tremendous amount of lag that I am assuming is from the graphics requirements being too high.

I know very little about computers and I was wondering if you guys could help me out and dumb it down a bit for me. I have an ASUS CM1730 with AMD Phenom II x6 1065t processor 2.90GHz, 8.00 GB of RAM, and a HP S2031 monitor. 

Can you guys please tell me if it is most likely the graphics card that I need to update or what the problem is? And please give me your opinions on what I should do to fix it. Thanks.

DayZ at the moment is heavily processor using game. Your processor, well aint the best for this. And i dont know what your graphic card is as its not on the list..

Try lowering all your graphics settings to Low and disable everything you can. Then start bumping them up from there.

I have lowered everything to its bare minimum and it is still very laggy. I'm not sure if this is the graphics card 

Display adapter type

AMD 760G

Again, I know very little about computers.

If it does sound like the graphics card, can you please give me some of the cheaper options that would work for this game. I would like to be able to run it with moderately good graphics settings.

Edited by HelloMyMoto

It's easy. Your computer isn't able to run DayZ.

1065T is enough to run the game on medium to low settings, but the greatest issue is definitely your graphics card. By upgrading to something like 750Ti, you'd get a lot more horsepower to run even some new releases on good settings.

Edited by Ansssi

Yes you will be able to but you'd still get some fps drops in cities.

And you would recommend the GeForce 750ti? Are graphics cards pretty easy to install?

And you would recommend the GeForce 750ti? Are graphics cards pretty easy to install?

It is probaly not the graphics card, as of the moment DayZ relies heavily on your Processor, this is because DayZ is not optimized perfectly yet. Also you never mentioned what the graphics card is so I cant asses if it is good or not.

I'm not exactly sure how to check what the graphics card is, but I'm assuming it's AMD760G. 

So, I might have to wait until the game is finished before I can play it? Or buy another computer?

Edited by HelloMyMoto

That is not really much of a graphics card that is like one of the default graphic chips put in a computer so you can actually see something so I think it is is your graphics card. You should switch it out with a Nvidia card because ARMA III optimized on Nvidia cards and that may be the same thing in the future of DayZ