Sign in to follow this  
hombrecz

Same old story

So once again I have paid for my humanity.

While trekking around deerstands, I have encountered group of two survivors (they had AK and M16 I think). It was east of Grishino.

I spotted them and remained hidden, watched them from bushes. As usual I decided to not engage them and I let them go on about their business (I've had like 4 such encounters where I discreetly vanished). They've killed zeds at deestand and have left south. I was heading that way too but I kept my distance ofcourse or so I have thought.

Trekking further south I emerged at north outskirts of Novy Sobor, quickly scooped the deerstand there and proceeded to circle around Novy. The thing was that friend was, upon login, swallowed by debug forest and had to run for an hour to emerge near Zelenogorsk and I was on my way to rejoin him.

As I was circling Novy I saw a body of survivor. I looked left and right, the coast seemed clear so I went to check it.

As you have probably guessed by now, not long after I started checking the corpse, bullets started to fly. I managed to go prone, barrel roll few times but died moments later.

Before dying I saw two survivors on northern hill....it must have been those two survivors that I have left at peace.

Well I did not have any special stuff, I had just AKM+7 mags, Coyote backpack, 1x antibiotics and some survival tools.

What pisses me off that I keep constantly paying for trying not to be a dbag. Next time I will probably squeeze the trigger to avoid being on the receiving end...

p.s. server was EU32

I'd say you paid for not being as careful as you were when scouting the deerstand. Your inquisitive nature or curiosity to check outthat dead player body is what got you killed.

Admittedly its pretty difficult to stay back and observe before checking out a point of interest. I usually observe a point of interest for several minutes. The things I sometimes saw or heard in these few minutes usually kept me alive a bit longer.

Agreed. Hell, even if I am about to break from the tree line (with nothing in particular around) I stop for a couple of minutes, check around (including the back trail) and then I will go ahead.

That said, when I am in town I tend to run around like a big stupid zed magnet... If town is empty it means that there are no players in there, plus the longer you wait, the more zeds will spawn because of you being there...The new aggro mechanic makes it easy to lose the bulk of them anyway, then mop up the last dogged few that keep coming. Then you have a few minutes to loot before they respawn / other players arrive...

Player corpses always make me jumpy too - I very rarely go check them out as I am worried that they are sniper bait.

Well yea I paid the price for letting my guard down for a moment.

Its just more ironic that it was these two guys (im 90% sure about) that I let go in peace.

Oh well, except for Coyote and 1 antibiotics I didnt have that much.