Sign in to follow this  
GreenJedi

Incapacitation.

I was thinking. Instead of stooping to the level that everyone else does, instead of just killing people I see on sight, why not incapacitate them? Take a few shots and knock the person out. Take what I need from them, bandage them, and get on my merry way.

Is this a viable tactic? If I do it with a friend he could cover me while I check the person out. And if so, how many shots does it usually take to knock someone out without killing them? Say... with an M1911? :D

Chances are that if you knock them out they wil just ALT+F4. Happened to me last night. Came across some guy at the SW airfield who had an M4, alice pack and nother nice things. I got the drop on him and put five or six pullets from a G17 into him and he dropped to the ground unconcious. Then his body dissapeared as he hit ALT+F4.

Chances are that if you knock them out they wil just ALT+F4. Happened to me last night. Came across some guy at the SW airfield who had an M4' date=' alice pack and nother nice things. I got the drop on him and put five or six pullets from a G17 into him and he dropped to the ground unconcious. Then his body dissapeared as he hit ALT+F4.

[/quote']

You know, I hadn't thought of that. Damn.

Might have to wait until 7.2. :dodgy:

Yeah, I used to shoot people in the leg if they got too close.

All of them would disconnect as the round impacted them.

Had a similar experience when I camped the Balota Air Traffic Control Tower, killing people spawning inside the lines of wire and sandbags. Sometimes they'd die, then disappear, but I wouldn't get a murder.

Used to run with a group of people, one member of this group angered everyone because he'd disconnect at the first sign of danger. Rifle fire? Disconnect. Zombie? Disconnect. Can't see at night? Disconnect. Friendly dies? On another server? Disconnect and make sure it wasn't his server...

I stopped playing with that guy. I'd rather die than disconnect (lost a lot of stuff I could have saved if I had), but atleast I died with dignity.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, go to a server with Side Chat still enabled, grab a pair of binocs and call out player's locations inside cities. They disconnect so fast it's crazy.

"Hey guy running down the street in cherno, watch out for that zombie!"

ALT+F4

search please

Just checked all the results pertaining to this topic' date=' they're either suggestions for non-lethal weapons (which is not what this is), or talking about it in general.

Yeah, I used to shoot people in the leg if they got too close.

All of them would disconnect as the round impacted them.

Had a similar experience when I camped the Balota Air Traffic Control Tower, killing people spawning inside the lines of wire and sandbags. Sometimes they'd die, then disappear, but I wouldn't get a murder.

Used to run with a group of people, one member of this group angered everyone because he'd disconnect at the first sign of danger. Rifle fire? Disconnect. Zombie? Disconnect. Can't see at night? Disconnect. Friendly dies? On another server? Disconnect and make sure it wasn't his server...

I stopped playing with that guy. I'd rather die than disconnect (lost a lot of stuff I could have saved if I had), but atleast I died with dignity.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, go to a server with Side Chat still enabled, grab a pair of binocs and call out player's locations inside cities. They disconnect so fast it's crazy.

"Hey guy running down the street in cherno, watch out for that zombie!"

ALT+F4

Well yeah. Part of the fun about this game is dying, and having to loot to get it all back. When you alt - F4 to keep from dying, you're not only a coward who can't handle losing his gear, but you don't know what kind of game DayZ is. Now it's becoming so common it's scary.

I so gotta try that sometime. :P

I agree, all too often I'll shoot someone I had the drop on, only to realize their loot sucks and don't take anything. I genuinely feel bad when this is the case as I don't shoot people for fun but for their loot..

A mechanic where you could rob people would add a layer of tension (the possibility of the victim running for it/resisting) while not ruining everyones day. Robbing people could exist in todays game, imagine someone is hidden with their scopes trained on someone, over direct chat they let the victim know their life is in danger and to put down their gun and face north. The bandit would cautiously move up and take what he wanted, shooting the person if the thiefing went sour.

I agree' date=' all too often I'll shoot someone I had the drop on, only to realize their loot sucks and don't take anything. I genuinely feel bad when this is the case as I don't shoot people for fun but for their loot..

A mechanic where you could rob people would add a layer of tension (the possibility of the victim running for it/resisting) while not ruining everyones day. Robbing people could exist in todays game, imagine someone is hidden with their scopes trained on someone, over direct chat they let the victim know their life is in danger and to put down their gun and face north. The bandit would cautiously move up and take what he wanted, shooting the person if the thiefing went sour.

[/quote']

Actually, I like that idea.

Yeah, being able to get the drop on someone and knock them out, then rummage through their inventory and take what you want.

Personally, I'd take the ammo from their main and sidearm weapons, and whatever supplies I needed, then be on my way. Great idea.

Someone needs to add that to suggestions if it isn't there already!

*Knock People out so you can rob them, Non-Lethal Robbery*

Pros: You don't lose humanity, don't murder for supplies. No one dies.

Cons: You have to get really freaking close, you could take too long and end up getting shot as you leave.

Extra Perk: Hostage taking! Until they disconnect...

I agree' date=' all too often I'll shoot someone I had the drop on, only to realize their loot sucks and don't take anything. I genuinely feel bad when this is the case as I don't shoot people for fun but for their loot..

[/quote']

Actually, I like that idea.

Yeah, being able to get the drop on someone and knock them out, then rummage through their inventory and take what you want.

Personally, I'd take the ammo from their main and sidearm weapons, and whatever supplies I needed, then be on my way. Great idea.

Someone needs to add that to suggestions if it isn't there already!

*Knock People out so you can rob them, Non-Lethal Robbery*

Pros: You don't lose humanity, don't murder for supplies. No one dies.

Cons: You have to get really freaking close, you could take too long and end up getting shot as you leave.

Extra Perk: Hostage taking! Until they disconnect...

Well, it's better than being a murdering psychopath, right? :P

It is a viable idea, but looking at the devs views of the game it is highly unlikely it will ever be implemented. They will patch out disconnecting on agro eventually, they made a stab at it in this update but it didnt work out well.

As it is right now its doable, using a weak sidearm to make someone go down but i've noticed in the oh so many times i passed out in a fire fight that the passed out timer is pretty random. Ive gotten back up in seconds, or passed out for a good 10 seconds or more while bleeding to death.

But i have not yet so far disconnected on passing out, if someone gets the drop on me and i go down, im dead. Not going to reconnect to another server and pass out again there and then bleed out. It breaks the game, it really does.