Sign in to follow this  
randmanq

Stuttering from new 337.88 drivers in DayzZ srandalone? Is shader cache the causes, or maybe -winxp?

First off, my gpu is gtx460m mobile and a i7 processor. Not that great but I tweaked until I had 30fps smooth.

I installed the new 337.88 drivers a few hours ago, and am now getting some stuttering in DayZ, along with slight locks up for a second or so. I've never had stuttering/slight lock ups in DayZ before.

Which is confusing, since the new Shader Cache feature is supposed to prevent stuttering isn't it? Would keeping it cause any problems in DayZ? Or should I turn it off?

I also have Steam launch options/parameters forcing DayZ to use all CPU cores and memory, if that matters.

I also have -winxp forced by Steam launch options. Could forcing -winxp be the problem maybe?

The -winxp

makes me crash from the game if I alt+tab, if that matters.

This is the -winxp thing I referred to, if anyone doesn't know what it is.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

I also have vsync enabled/forced through nvidia control panel set to half at 30fps AND with triple buffering enabled. Also all the texture options in nvidia control panel are set to max, pre render frames at 1 and prefer maximum performance. Do any of those have potential drawbacks in this new driver?

Is anyone else experiencing this or can anyone help me kill the new stutters and half a second lock ups?

• Like 1

Same here, I reverted back to the 335.23 drivers.  Also, I do NOT use -winxp on startup, so I don't think that's the issue.  My game would run great, then I would go down to like, -12 FPS, and then it would act like the game was going 2x normal speed, then often times it crashed.

I'm positive its a driver issue, although I'm not 100%.  Revert back to the old drivers and see if it fixes your issue.

Did you try turning off that new shader cache to see of it fixed it?