Sign in to follow this  
void.false@gmail.com

Poor sniper/machinegunner in Elektro

So it was 5am and I got 1 hour to play before I leave to work. That was pretty crappy night because my ISP had problems and I was getting very high ping and constanly got kicked from many servers. But that very last run was extremely fruitful. After woundering around and collecting starter loot I headed to Electro. Heard some gunshots in firestation area. What do I see? A terrible amount of zombies rushing there too. And they dont give a shit about me! I ran with them inside the firestation, crouched in the middle of that big room while shitloads of zombies enter from all directions and head upstairs just passing throu that barberwire like in Terminator 2. After some thinking I decided it would be better if I get the hell out of that place. But I was eager to see what's going on on the roof. So I ran around the building and cllimbed that ladder on the wall. And HOLY SHIT - I see dead sniper with DMR. I sprint to his corpse and start to loot him...

OMFG...

DMR, COYOTE backpack, range finder and precious NVG. There was also M249 in backpack but it fell outside and refused to get back in. Then I disconnected and joined some night server to see how this works. In the meantime my alarm clock rings (6am, I'm supposed to get up for a work). I crouck run past few houses in Electro and get this annoying text that I was getting the whole night: no message revieved bla bla bla.

That was some intense shit. I really don't know what that guy with high end gear was doing on the firestation roof. Maybe he wanted to commit a suicide? Anyway I feel a bit sorry for him for being robbed of all his precious gear by some random survivor that lived barely 1 hour ingame.

The better question is did the zed's get him, or another sniper on the outskirts. A player with a machine gun doesn't tend to die to a swarm of zeds unless his ammo runs out.

Yeah, dude dead on the firestation roof in Elektro - he got killed by someone on Sniper Hill.

I dont think he was using his machinegun. Because while I was in alliance with zombies I heard only rifle shots, not machinegun bursts. But the question is what he was doing with all his high tier stuff in the middle of bloodbath? Wasnt he supposed to be camping from the hill far away?

Yup happens to all of us eventually...

I was heading to overlook Electro for a bit to hunt some bandits.. and im coming through the woods and im within 1500+meters of town so im crouching and walking and listening and looking as I go.. I play ingame a blackskin color and camo clothing.. everything is fine... then all of a sudden *somehow* I get shotgun blasted from point blank range behind me... no clue how or why.. makes no sence.. all I can gather is someone server jumping and I got unluck but was just no way.. so I died.. and lost my Range Finder, my DMR, AKM, full utility belt, meds etc.. and worst of all.... I had just cooked up and had a BBQ and had 5 steaks on me to enjoy while I hunted bandits... but no.. it was not to be...

Having the best gear and even tactics cant save you in DayZ with the current system... doesnt matter who you are.. you go near a city theres a % you will die.

Yup happens to all of us eventually...

I was heading to overlook Electro for a bit to hunt some bandits.. and im coming through the woods and im within 1500+meters of town so im crouching and walking and listening and looking as I go.. I play ingame a blackskin color and camo clothing.. everything is fine... then all of a sudden *somehow* I get shotgun blasted from point blank range behind me... no clue how or why.. makes no sence.. all I can gather is someone server jumping and I got unluck but was just no way.. so I died.. and lost my Range Finder' date=' my DMR, AKM, full utility belt, meds etc.. and worst of all.... I had just cooked up and had a BBQ and had 5 steaks on me to enjoy while I hunted bandits... but no.. it was not to be...

Having the best gear and even tactics cant save you in DayZ with the current system... doesnt matter who you are.. you go near a city theres a % you will die.

[/quote']

Stupid people are exploiting the game right now.

If you launch the game from a certain program, you will spawn in invisible. You can kill people and zombies as well as take shit.....

I spawned in invisible once, logged out, upped it through 6 launcher and spawned in the debug plains.

I respawned, tried it again (launching in the bad way then through 6 launch) and it put me there again....so chances are they are having to run a long time after taking your stuff.

The problem here is that you were killed by spawn kill while heading to camping position. In my story that guy gave a hell of a fight. If he was some DC hopper he could easily disconnect and avoid his death. So it is really a mystery for me why would you go to Elektro firestation with NVG and DMR.