Sign in to follow this  
cgz_uk

[Feedback] Back for a dabble.... Mouse & Input lag

So guys I came back to give dayz another go and see how things have been going since I last played 2-3 months ago. Sadly it seems much worse from a control and general melee point of view.

I noticed that actually hitting a zombie with the axe etc is almost impossible. With one stood still in front you, aiming at it is irrelevant because whether you actually register a hit seems to be random. If I aim at something at point blank I expect to get the hits! and 3+ hits to kill one is stupid.

Secondly and most importantly mouse lag and input lag from the keyboard to actually getting the action to execute is the worse I've ever experienced in any game. You have to mash the buttons to get the right weapon out and often when it does execute the weapon is holstered again. This has always been an issue but seems far worse.

As for the mouse lag it feels like i'm trying to aim with a serious case of Parkinsons Disease or one of others that causes uncontrollable twitches. I'm stationary and trying to aim at stationary object is such a fight in self. It lags behind and twitches so much I cant get the cross hair over the target and this is a new gaming mouse and keyboard setup and working perfectly on other games, again, aiming with a gun is almost impossible.

For me, despite the good advances with content and AI pathing etc the actual playabillity of the game has deteriorated drastically since I last played SA.

Thanks for reading, I hope this gets resolved.