Brycekiller1

DayZ Standalone looting guide

The ultimate way to get gear in dayz is to know the town you are in, make one town your "home". Always try to take on a town with a police station, hospital, apartments, or a market store. First place to start off is to take in your surroundings, ask yourself where did I spawn? If you see a huge construction building, avoid it and take cover, running around it will bring you to a chain town with all of the above buildings.

To loot buildings be safe, police stations are high traffic and I have come across many players in them, some looking for a fight others friendly. Loot in a crouch position (x) and stay quiet. Stores can have food and backpacks, apartments with clothing, police stations with food and weapons, hospitals with weapons and medical supplies, industrial areas with bags and melee, and office buildings with guns and ammo. Check cars ALWAYS police cars have ammo spawns very often, trucks have guns and ammo! Enjoy this short and sweet loot guide.

• Like 1

I tend to camp outside of a building for up to several seconds to even a minute if necessary. If it's a small building such as a house I'll usually go right in because you can pretty much see the inside of an entire house from the windows. Usually.

Great guide though, thanks.