dreadstorm

Way to distinguish friendlies

One question: what will stop mean-minded survivors from using this feature and then still unload their clips in your back?

PR:Arma has a 'display name' key. Range is about 5 meters.

So it can be done.

Played with one group. We all wore chemlights, worked fairly well.

Well, sure you recognize people you know by their face, but strangers get mostly categorized by some simpler features.

"He wears glasses"

"He's the one with black hair"

"Mustache guy"

and so on, so yeah, if there is a simple concept needed, then go for skinchanges.

One question: what will stop mean-minded survivors from using this feature and then still unload their clips in your back?

Nothing, but that's not the purpose of this suggestion. That is part of the fun of the game. (I use the term "fun" very loosely, in this case: tension)

Support the suggestion. In a lot of Garry's Mod RP scripts' date=' the player has the ability to 'introduce' themselves to nearby people (by pressing F2 and selecting the audible range between 'whisper', 'say' and 'yell'). Before introduction, players only see the physical description of a character (usually written by the player during character creation) when they hover their crosshair over them. After introduction, players can see the name.

[/quote']

That's pretty smooth!

If this could be done through chat without F2, like by typing \myname\ or \introduce\, could save a few lives.. temporarily

The only problem is I have yet to find a server that allows custom faces. Is that a mod setting or are the server hosts just being stingy about it? I noticed they all allow custom sounds just fine.

The humanity system in my opinion is great and something like this could easily be implemented. If anything, the humanity system should be expanded. Custom models should be available to you based upon your humanity score. For example, if your humanity is extremely high, you could choose between several skins, all directly related to your humanity score. Maybe a John Wayne skin for those who romp around slaying bandits like a civil protection unit would, maybe a scientist skin for those who are really good at crafting, maybe a doctor skin for those who heal more often, all available to you based upon the way you play the game. Low humanity, same idea. Different skins would make obvious the intentions of everyone. Just my 2 cents.