Sign in to follow this  
kauley_hatton@hotmail.co.uk

military VHF/HF radio

adding a vhf radio to the game would add an immense survival feature to the game. for example the clansman. ( 

http://www.militariarg.com/uploads/4/2/2/1/4221080/1144535.jpg?692 )

so let me begin. say you acquire a vhf radio in cherno , a new chat channel system is now available (like direct coms, global chat e.t.c). they are called vhf1,vhf2,vhf3,vhf4,vhf5,vhf6,vhf7,vhf8,vhf9 and vhf10. to simply get rid of these channels so you can go through the in game channels, simply switch the radio off.

the radio is tuned to a random channel. lets say another player has found and switched on their radio in berezino. now you are cycling through the channels saying hello or whatever to try and find them. now you have both found each other on vhf 5. once decided you can dedicate a specific radio frequency, for example 109.456. simply right click the vhf radio and select tune. a dialog box will pop up and you type the frequency 109.456 and select tune. now a new channel has opened up in the in game channel named 109.456, and you and your newly found mate can talk. once this has been established, you can select a specific walkie talkie channel once in range with each other, switch off the vhf radio, dump it burn it keep it whatever.

what do you guys think of this idea? oh and also forgive me if i have bad grammar.

Handheld mux radio tranceivers already exist in-game and enable channel dependent side channels voice/text transmissions/receptions + signal deterioration effects, max ok quality range ~1 km. (I think it should be increased to 2 km)

All you need is a battery for it.

Edited by Vitdom