MEUQSACO

Military weapons are useless

I can one shot you with half the shit that spawns on a barn. I don't have to risk my life by going to military spawns. I have a CZ550 with about 76 murders in the past 3 days, just playing after work.

What is the point of a military weapon anyway?

Just because they are inconvenient to get does not make them useless. This will all boil down to personal opinion.

You know I came to this thread to argue the point but find myself thinking back and realizing that most of my kills have been with the winchester or cz550. Speaking of the cz550 I haven't seen one in two weeks....whats up with that?

I can one shot you with half the shit that spawns on a barn. I don't have to risk my life by going to military spawns. I have a CZ550 with about 76 murders in the past 3 days' date=' just playing after work.

[/quote']

The 'point'? ahahaha.

Obviously, you've never had your hands on a DMR before. Or an M16 ACOG.

Or an M16A2 M302.

You have fun with your little rifle, bush wookie. But if I spot you with my M16, out to about 500 metres away, you'll be catching so many rounds you won't be able to fire back. Not to mention, when the zombies come running at me? I don't have to log out or swap to a pistol.

And when I've got a DMR? I can drop you, and your five friends, in about eight seconds.

Try ANY of that shit with a CZ 550.

Oh, and I should point out:

one mag for DMR: 20 rounds.

one mag of STANAG: 30 rounds

Possibility of being silenced. Grenade launchers fire smoke, flares, AND high explosive rounds.

Is your CZ 550 starting to look a little less awesome now? No? Go play at the airfield. You'll be wanting a military weapon soon enough.

i just think it boils down to preference really.. the point of the game is to have fun.. some people have fun going for the rarer weapons. i personally am having a blast with my m249 mowing down towns full of zombies. i generally stay away from people but i'd say it's more about the level of skill of the player than the actual gun. its pretty easy to kill people from long distance, but to use an mp5sd and get in close takes skill. some people like the extra challenge. guess it depends also on how close you are to the "end game." finding as many weapons as you can and trying them out to see how they feel is pretty fun imo.

I can one shot you with half the shit that spawns on a barn. I don't have to risk my life by going to military spawns. I have a CZ550 with about 76 murders in the past 3 days' date=' just playing after work.

[/quote']

Like I said in previous threads, with ARMA being a realism based game the differences in weapons are as they would be in real life. So the military weapons are only better in the sense they likely have larger magazines, fire quicker, that sort of thing.

So really the difference between the CZ 550 and a bolt action military rifle of the same caliber will be small, likely in the accuracy, optics or magazine capacity department but even that isn't always true.

So in many cases the comparisons are not always better or worse, (though some weapons ARE better then another) they are just different and if you're profecient with one then you likely have no need for the other.

Just like in real life, my Enfield might not be as cool as your M249 but if I'm a good shot then it's deadly all the same.

Some military weapons are nice, but are unpractical when it comes to finding ammo for them. I normally run with a 1911 for Zombies and an Enfield for players. Best upgrades are the AK for auto, or the CZ 550 for sniping.

Anything fancier then that is to hard to find a reliable source of ammo.

[/quote']

The 'point'? ahahaha.

Obviously, you've never had your hands on a DMR before. Or an M16 ACOG.

Or an M16A2 M302.

You have fun with your little rifle, bush wookie. But if I spot you with my M16, out to about 500 metres away, you'll be catching so many rounds you won't be able to fire back. Not to mention, when the zombies come running at me? I don't have to log out or swap to a pistol.

And when I've got a DMR? I can drop you, and your five friends, in about eight seconds.

Try ANY of that shit with a CZ 550.

Oh, and I should point out:

one mag for DMR: 20 rounds.

one mag of STANAG: 30 rounds

Possibility of being silenced. Grenade launchers fire smoke, flares, AND high explosive rounds.

Is your CZ 550 starting to look a little less awesome now? No? Go play at the airfield. You'll be wanting a military weapon soon enough.

Dude. Chill out. Your killing the mood man.

Or used the following

M107 50cal Sniper Zeroing up to 1200m's

M14 AIM

FN FAL (With or with out NV Scope)

DMR

SVD CAMO

M4A1 CCO SD

M4A3

M16 /W NADE LAUNCHER

AKM Has zeroing of up to 800m's

I personally stick with an M14 since it's classed as a sniper anyway

M16A2, is a great weapon when your in a group, long range suppression fire

a CZ550 has 800m zeroing and packs a punch

but the scope is unwieldy; I'm not comfortable to use it within 500m

the DMR carries more ammo, has a variable zoom, mildots, considerably higher rate of fire and delivers nearly the same damage, though practice is required due to the lack of zeroing (well, min zoom is zeroed to 100m and full zoom to 400m, but still, you need practice to know that) oh, the DMR can be used with NVGs

the M107 carries more ammo, has variable zoom, mildots, a slightly higher rate of fire and will one-shot a perfectly healthy man at 1200m, which is the limit of its zeroing

the AS50 is an M107 with a mad turrible scope

there's an FNFAL with an NV scope - that's basically a DMR with burst fire and night vision, though the scope is less agreeable

and there's an L85 with a scope that does thermal or NV - our group has one and we use the thermal scope to scout and spot threats - the lethality of 5.56 NATO is minimal, and in the game

the M16 ACOG is, imo, useless - there's too much kick for anything but semi-auto to be accurate beyond 300m and 5.56 NATO will only pepper your target, serving only to make his steaks more satisfying

I use the DMR, eschewing the M107 cheap (:P) zeroing and CZ's bizarrely over-zoomed scope

The best weapon in this game would follow the criteria of having the most silent shots to not attract zombies, the most available ammo, and the most effective damage.

I would honestly say that a M1911 would definitely be up there in terms of quality/quanitity and effectiveness.

Mainhand I would take an M16 w/ Silenced.

Just like you I made a topic with the same point. I dont see much reason to go after those weapons if I can easily have Einfield and Winchester, two weapons that kill in one shot.

When ever you got a BAF AS50 , Ghillie suit , M4A1 CCO SD or a Mk mod 0 then you will realise ,

I have shot a truck with a BAF AS50 in 3-4 shots to exploisoin , I have killed a whole group of people at a camp with a Mk mod 0 spraying ,

It's not about the kills It's about the extra's you might kill people with winchester's but maybe when your enemy has a makarov or your on 10m of it.

CZ550 is not a bad weapon if your in Cherno or Elektro ,

But when you face my AS50 at the airfield You will be dropped death and 0,00 zombies will come for me :)

Shoot with CZ Whole airfield will run towards you

Like they've said, a lot of the military weapons are purely for Tacti-cool's sake. Some can be really useful, and are worth the risk of searching the barrack's for em.

But I've noticed something. Those that go after the high tier gear, end up dying quicker than if they were using winchesters and whatnot. Makes you think. :P

Honestly, the DMR is weaker than the CZ550. I've tried it and some people would have time to abort even after being shot. Also, whats the point of a bigger magazine? Its not like you are going to kill an alien swarm.

Well it depends on what range you're shooting from honestly, the DMR has an effective range of about 500 meters (Or something along the lines of that). While the CZ only has an effect range of 300, if you're trying to shoot anyone further away than that you're not gonna do much damage.

[/quote']

Wow are you just one of those people who hate their life and come home to camp at cherno and snipe other people to boost your self esteem?

Seriously 76 kills in 3 days...wow your job must really bring out the homicidal sociopath in you....along with the other 70% of the community...damn

[/quote']

Ok! Show me a screenshot then.

E: And btw. Sorry you are not very special. Many people can one-shot-kill other players from 600 meters with the Lee Enfield.

E2: And I'm quite sure that you are just shooting low geared players in Cherno/electro.

Mil weapons aren't that special.. but that's because the game is realistic: a fire weapon is a fire weapon, it may be less efficient but it doesn't shoot beans.. but bullets.

Btw yes you don't have to risk much on the barracks and such.. you can grab any possible weapon from the deer stands, that's all you need.

The only weapon that i found more usefull than any other else is the L85A2, for spotting.. that's all.