Svetovid

"Accidental" Current Vehicle Location map US 29 Atlanta 5

As taken from a possemate's reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/vpp0x/accidental_vehicle_location_map_us_29_atlanta_5/

Here's what happened(edited for easier interpretation):

"A few buddies and I were playing on US 29 Atlanta 5. We were driving an offroad truck towards a gas station to refuel and hide it for the night when I noticed a Toyota pickup and a truck (Ural) right next to a refuel location. My buddies drove these two newly acquired vehicles, while I drove the offroad. We decided to drive off and hide it in a secluded part of the map. Soon later, one of my buddies opened up the in-game map and found that the map was displaying green dots to mark the CURRENT locations of every single vehicle in the server(look further down for image link). All of us who had maps opened up the map to confirm this and we all could see the vehicle locations on the map. I was worried because it was displaying the vehicle we had on the map as well. We noticed it updated the vehicles location on the map every time we got out of the vehicle. We informed the admin on his Teamspeak at 74.91.112.220. He restarted the server a few minutes after, and the map glitch seemed to go away.

However, after we decided to hide the vehicles in a remote location spread out from each other, a group of 2+ managed to kill our buddy guarding the vehicles, and steal all three of our vehicles. To ensure there was no save glitch, we looked around and logged in and out, until we were 100% sure that all the vehicles were gone. (Note this was in a very remote region of the map.) We discussed it amongst each other and believed it might have been due to that 2+ group using the map to find the locations of the vehicles and to steal them from us."

Very disheartening indeed. The strange thing about this was what happened this morning: we discovered that someone had stolen our Land Rover from a very remote region of the map on the SAME server. We do not know for sure whether this was just a glitch on the server's part or was due to people using exploits to find the locations of our vehicles.

Here is the image of the DayZ In-Game Map that showed all the CURRENT locations of every single vehicle, which led to our vehicles being taken from us 15 minutes after we tried to hide them: http://i.imgur.com/YY5Hj.jpg

Anyway, we would like to hear from fellow DayZ players about whether they have experienced something similar to this. Also, we would like to warn others that there is a POSSIBILITY exploiters can use this map to find vehicles and steal them.

I know that US90 just got plagued by a group of hackers who somehow knew where all the vehicles were, and took them all and put 'em off the map. I think the same thing may have happened on US91 as well.

This could be a new hack.

Yeah this is lame. I was afk watching a movie on netflix movie while online. So about 4 hours. My friend informed me his tent was looted and his vehicle was stolen. I laughed. Kept watching my movie.

5 minutes later a guy loads in right ontop of my tent. In looting mode. I alt tab back in (windowed mode) and pull out pistol to shoot him. Next thing you know I am teleported into the middle of Berezino. Nothing I can do. I am an admin, not the actual owner of server, but admin nonetheless. I could have reset the server, but would have done no good. So I waited for the rest of the guys to get online and the actual guy who rents the server. 100% of the tents were looted. 2 vehicles we did own gone. By now most of the stuff is probably spread out among several different servers. Just kind of sucks when someone does it blatantly infront of you and nothing you can do is reset, which ruins the fun of the other players on your server.

Seemed like I have seen this two.

Played on a very low pop server, we had a camp with a few ATVs, a car and some tents in a remote location, there were about 15 people online and when we got back all of a sudden some guy killed two of us before I got him.

After that we moved the whole camp much much further away and hid it better. We logged off for a few hours and the camp had been looted when we got back.

Cush, the tent very well might of just not saved the stuff.. they're still abit buggy and you always want to test a tent by throwing some junk in it save the tent and wait for reset to see if it actually saves what you put in it.

Cush' date=' the tent very well might of just not saved the stuff.. they're still abit buggy and you always want to test a tent by throwing some junk in it save the tent and wait for reset to see if it actually saves what you put in it.

[/quote']

The vehicles were also taken, we made sure they were all saved multiple times and there hadnt been a server restart in that time.

I have been on US 29 for over a month now. You guys are the suspected hackers. Dying multiple times to people on server, only to get killed far north 10 minutes later against the same players. 6 or so of you were killed(only 3 in the game) in a matter of 10 minutes. Then you somehow find where they went and rob the tent after they killed the last 3. Funny how you get from the coast to them (and find high end assault rifles) in such a short amount of time when they were moving in the truck.

How did you magically get all the items in your truck they blew up? The same items people have been complaining losing over the past 3 days at their camps. Not possible for you guys who are not regulars to have the items that people were missing from over 30 different campsites all around the map.

I have been on US 29 for over a month now. You guys are the suspected hackers. Dying multiple times to people on server' date=' only to get killed far north 10 minutes later against the same players. 6 or so of you were killed(only 3 in the game) in a matter of 10 minutes. Then you somehow find where they went and rob the tent after they killed the last 3. Funny how you get from the coast to them (and find high end assault rifles) in such a short amount of time when they were moving in the truck.

How did you magically get all the items in your truck they blew up? The same items people have been complaining losing over the past 3 days at their camps. Not possible for you guys who are not regulars to have the items that people were missing from over 30 different campsites all around the map.

[/quote']

If you are referring to OP (myself): I believe you are mistaken with another group. We only have 3 members; and we have been in the Northwest region of the map for at least a week now. We found an offroad (Land Rover) on the Western region of the map, and hid it in the Northwest forested area. Somebody found the location of that vehicle and hid it 10 minutes away in a very terrible hiding spot. We stole it back and found a tent city up there with a lot of mid-tier military gear and medical supplies. We blew it up in anger that a group managed to find the location of our truck. Then we went to refuel and found 2 vehicles. We noticed the map glitch, complained to admin, and hid the vehicles. It couldn't have been us because we LOST ALL OF OUR STUFF to a group of 4+ that magically found our hiding spot 15 minutes after the server reset(when the map glitch was gone). So yeah, if you are referring to our group, you have terrible deductive skills.

But anyway, we appreciate all the comments and feel more relieved that we were not the only ones targeted. At least we can all learn about the wide range of hacks there are. And remember: admins are your best friends in these kind of incidents.